The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sluggerdog said:
Do you know what sizing / specs on the standoff I am chasing down so I get the right one?
remove one of the other 3 and take it along to jaycar for comparison?

LiquidCurrency said:
Beer brain received, thanks gang!
My packing list says 2 grey 3 blue power connectors. Seems I have the opposite. Can someone please advise which is correct?
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1446598537.759729.jpg
as stated above what you have is correct

MB

real_beer said:
Mine too! Sydney to south of Perth from Monday I can't complain about Express Post, I was expecting it tomorrow. Great job packing boys :beer:
Ah another Perthling. I'm in Doubleview.

RB, will keep you in mind to compare machines, questions and hurdles!

Chris

zwitter said:
Come on Sluggerdog

A little initiative required maybe? This is not rocket science. And I am sorry we missed it when packing but the pressure was on to get them together and shipped ASAP. I missed my 8yr olds birthday to help pack these on Sunday.....

I think is 3mm and just measure the length it will be 12 or 15 mm.

3 would hold it but when the heat cools down for Lael he may be able to send one but possibly easier and certainly faster to pick one up local.

Let us know how you get on

Zwitter
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Your right, silly question. Wasn't thinking. I took one down to compare. All sorted.

I've had a good play around today but I think I'm going to need a wiring diagram to proceed any further, following the video to connect the kit was fine but to wire it all up is another thing I'm not sure about. Maybe even fling it onto a sparky once that comes and get him to do it properly..

LiquidCurrency said:
Ah another Perthling. I'm in Doubleview.

RB, will keep you in mind to compare machines, questions and hurdles!

Chris
Awesome. I'm in Carine. Hoping that the wife was home when it was delivered so that I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock to collect it from the depot tomorrow!

I just spent a lovely 13 minutes with Lael on his video and then plugged in to test the led's are working okay and nearly blew my retina out when the green one came on, boy it's bright :lol:

What a great piece of kit it is, I couldn't be happier with the quality and thought that's gone into putting it all together, and that includes packaging & delivery, it sure has been worth the wait.

The Judge said:
Awesome. I'm in Carine. Hoping that the wife was home when it was delivered so that I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock to collect it from the depot tomorrow!
When mine arrived I put my hand out to sign and the lady said no signature is required, so yours is probably sitting next to your front door :)

Unless I can find your house before you knock of work for the day :lol:

Guys best advice for anyone is to have all high voltage done or atleast checked by a sparky. The 12v can't hurt you but 240v can and wiĺl kiĺl. This is an awesome kit; lets not make it a killer kit. Be safe if you don't know don't play let a pro do it.

MB

zwitter said:
On your picture have you nicked (cut) the live wire protection (brown sheave), near to where the outer cord sheave was cut. Just thought I would mention it in case of any future problems.

I'm not keen on permanently changing my urns power from the standard 3-pin to the powercon connector. I'm assuming that I can throw the powercon connector onto the end of an extension lead and get around it that way?

Hi Barneey

barneey said:
On your picture have you nicked (cut) the live wire protection (brown sheave), near to where the outer cord sheave was cut. Just thought I would mention it in case of any future problems.

You guys just can't let up can you!
I know, i know. The knick is not through to the copper and will not be used in action and the knick is completely covered by the cable gland etc

This is a quick and dirty cable to power the controller up to test and the only one handy to show how the wires should be inserted.

My functioning rig uses IEC connectors.

I really wonder some times if posting answers to questions is worth it when you just get shot down?

Have you read my instructions post via the link? I am sure you can find heaps of things to pick on in there AND the disclaimer as to the nature of the content?

I spent 7 odd hours packing and preparing these kits on Sunday and then late nights to cobble together some basic instructions for the lucky recipients.

James
Zwitter

OneEye said:
I'm not keen on permanently changing my urns power from the standard 3-pin to the powercon connector. I'm assuming that I can throw the powercon connector onto the end of an extension lead and get around it that way?
well technically....a 'qualified electrician' could ;)

Hi OneEye

OneEye said:
Yes you can but probably keep them short and use a good quality high current version for the element one.

The connectors supplied are very good and have O rings to prevent water ingress etc.

James
Zwitter

Havent been keeping up to date and today found the package at my front door! What an incredible high when I opened it and realised what it was! Beautifully constructed and thoughtfully pack, a big thank you to everyone involved.

Havent been keeping up to date and today found the package at my front door! What an incredible high when I opened it and realised what it was! Beautifully constructed and thoughtfully pack, a big thank you to everyone involved.

Hi SBOB

SBOB said:
well technically....a 'qualified electrician' could ;)
Actually I am not sure that is entirely correct. "Electricians " generally do not test extension cables or make them. You need to do a 1/2 day safety testing course and get a white ticket (is national standard but colour used to vary)

Although some electricians will make extension cables but often at a prohibitive price. I have bought cables pre made from hardware stores and had them fail basic safety testing.

I repair medical devices for a big multinational and my team and I are not Electricians. But we service life saving and sustaining equipment every day to AS3551A and to ISO9001 quality standard and perfectly legal. Believe it or not to safety test and tag a power tool needs a 1/2 day course to get a ticket and use a $250 meter to comply with the law. But to do much more extensive testing of medical devices there is no course available, and no certificate etc!
I have taught others how to perform these tests and maintain a $7000 safety tester and have it calibrated every year. And it is audited every 6 months or so and we are audit ready at any time of day.

I have done the course at TAFE to be a sparky but never could justify the crap pay to do the one years practical as a cable boy to get full ticket.

I can test cables and devices and print certificates that satisfy all the Australian and international standards and any hospital in the country but not accepted on any building site.

I sent 3 people on the 1/2 day course, they all passed, but when questioned the next day they could not answer simple questions nor identify the device they were using was out of calibration date and indeed were using it incorrectly and was actually defective. But they happily stuck tags on over 200 items. I made them do it again after teaching them what the tests were actually doing and why.

I would not wire anything for anybody as not having the electricians licence and the very expensive insurance they must have. But will change plugs and fix appliances in my own home and can test they are safe.

I would not live in a house without safety switches etc. in our repair facility we work on defective equipment and that can often mean the normal "safety" features are also defective but we run a detailed investigation if our safety switch trips.

That is probably enough rant and I would say a competent person who can test their work before it is put into service is what is required even if there may be other "legal" ways there is never a valid reason to cut corners when safety is concerned.

James
Zwitter

Latest posts

Back