Thar She Blows!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manaen

Reaction score
Well I put down my BiLo 2-can brew at 6pm last night, and from around midnight onwards the krausen?!? has been pushing all the water out and spewing out my airlock (must have a good seal). As long as I clean the airlock and replace the water when I get the chance there shouldn't be any worries about this brew as long as there is positive pressure?

right?

it's been far worse than this most of the last 12 hours or so.

blows.jpg

Not a problem. Just clean and sanitise the airlock with something like some water with a dash of bleach when you need to.

Will

Just clean and sanitise the airlock with something like some water with a dash of bleach when you need to.

This is the reason why I don't use bleach in my airlock (as opposed to sanitising it). I always use something that is "compatible" with beer such as cheap vodka or more often dilute phos acid.

sosman said:
Just clean and sanitise the airlock with something like some water with a dash of bleach when you need to.

This is the reason why I don't use bleach in my airlock (as opposed to sanitising it). I always use something that is "compatible" with beer such as cheap vodka or more often dilute phos acid.
I was referring to the cleaning the airlock, not what you should put in the airlock.

Confusion aside, your statement is correct.

Will

Back