Thankyou All Grain Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Reaction score
Just got home after almost a fortnight working away and sat down with the first pint of my first all grain American IPA.
God it's fantastic.
Nothing wrong with extract but the last few batches of all grain I've done have been far and away far better than any extract brew I've ever made.

Just thought I'd share that as a thanks to all the people who contributed to the hours of reading I've done on this forum to get there.
Also cheers to all who gave Ph advice recently.

Figure there's a fair few other people lurking on this forum sucking up the knowledge so I should throw up a post to say thanks and puff your heads up a bit so you keep sharing.

Reckon I'd better go check to make sure the Steam Ale's been ok while I was gone as well....

I like this post a whole bunch.
So many people in the world go out of their way to complain - but far too few do the opposite!

The combination of going all grain BIAB and no chilling has utterly changed our brewing. It's such an incredible feeling to know that when I crack that first bottle I'm not going to have to worry about the beer being flawed with homebrew twang or bananas.

+1 to the above.

At one stage in my life, all grain brewing was something other people did. The hours of reading informative posts from the members here gave me the confidence to give it a bash, and I've never looked back. I'm sure there are many more hours reading ahead and a few questions as I advance in the craft. All grain brewing has given me a sense of achievement. So thanks from me too.

this forum has one of the best vibes out there and without it I too would not have gone from high gravity K&K/bottles to BIAB/kegerator setup and be lovin it. I may not have even pursued brewing if I had followed the original instructions on the coopers kit instead of following instructions gathered here.

my heart thanks this forum more than my liver, but nobody every said 'follow your liver'...

It feels right that I add my thanks to this forum, even though I have been absent on it for some time. The information from members on these forums and the encouragement from my LHB store at the time got me to switch to all grain brewing several years ago. This evening I have been enjoying my house brew, an English bitter which has never failed to please me.

I made the switch from extract, to partial, then to BIAB, and the results didn't take long to convince me to set up a mash tun in a 30L insulated plastic bucket with a false bottom put in ... have never looked back :)

I would like to echo the sentiments of the OP.

Recently made the switch to AG and kegging after doing kits and bits off and on for a number of years. Absolutely loving it. Spending most of my 'down time' at work perusing the forum for ideas and recipes. Somewhat obsessed.

Thanks to all who have directly or indirectly assisted.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back