Temps For Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I Put one of those Coopers fermenters in a 150L bar fridge would i have to ensure that there is a provision for the CO2 to vent out of the fridge, or would opening the fridge once or twice a day be OK.

There is already a vent somewhere in the fridge, often hidden behind the cooling plate at the back. So, no need to worry about excess gas in the fridge.

Brilliant :p :p Thanks Pint :D I just got a Small bar fridge now i can stick it in the garage and "Dedicatate" it to the production golden Liquids :party:

I was quite surprised on how well frozen 2L coke bottles on top and sides of the fermenter worked. It wouldn't get you ideal lager temps in summer but i was able to get temps down from high 20's to about 21-22C and it seemed pretty consistant.

definately what i'll continue to use until i get a fridge.

I was even more surprised than you Sam. I use a small (170L) dead Kelvinator fridge for a single fermenter. 2x1.25L bottles of frozen salt water brings the inside temp down dramatically, even on 30C+ days. So much so that my latest brew (an ale) was brought down to 10-12C with the ambient temp in the fridge sitting on 15C. The bottles were resting on the side of the fermenter.

I've since changed to using a single bottle and temps have risen to 15C brew. I hope it doesn't spoil the Aussie Pale!

Latest posts

Back