Temperature Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my brother in law is a sparky and he wouldn't let me wire mine up myself
did a top job of it for me though

btw if you do happen to get anywhere near CB watch out for that chapchap fella :D

For a bit of balance...

I use a simple electrical timer I picked up for about $5 from my local hardware superstore. With a bit of trial and not too much error I have managed to work out how long and how many "on" intervals I need to keep my beer fermenting at the temp I want. I do my ales in Summer at 16-18C and my lagers year round. I have an Oktoberfest fermenting nicely at 8C right now.

So for those of you not confident in your electrical abilities, or not willing to spend upwards of $50 on temp control, there is a viable alternative. And a nice way to be more in tune with your brewery without all the bells and whistles.

Brewer Pete, I think that temp control is the ABSOLUTE BEST bang for buck I have spent on my beers and I only brew ales. It keeps all of the esters in check and at the levels you want.

I don't know how much more epmphasis I could put on "GO FOR IT !!!"

ED: I also sit them at 0 degrees until I am ready to bottle, which really cleans an ale up.

Well damn, now I'm going to have to do something about it :D

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Hi all
I also use a timer , you can use it on your fridge and also with your heat pad and its cheap and it works a treat.
Cheers Mario

Back