Temperature Conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be useful

Thanks!

yeah, if you are a visual person. I have now added an automatic bulk priming calculator to this, based on the information found in this forum from the craftbrewer.org_Library. I used the information provided in the table in a series of formulaes. The tool will tell you the amount of fermentable you need to use for any volume up to 50L. It works for sugar, dex, DME, LME and honey depending on yor selection. Still working out how to add the efects of temperature. I will upload it if people find it helpful.
jonez

yes thanks jonez. i like graphics.

For those how have downloaded this, I have now completed the bulk priming calculator with the info from the "Essential Guide to Bulk Priming" of the Australian Craftbrewer site. Is there any interest in this?

I have been checking their numbers and find their first method is quite easy to apply. The second method uses the gram of CO2 /Litre criteria which seems a bit more risky. With this method you need to choose the amount of CO2 you want for your beer. The problem I see is that someone could chose an amount that is OK for a lambic beer but nor for an Australia Ale/ Lager resulting in bottle bombs.

I have included both methods on the tool anyway but I think I should include a warning with the above explanation in it.

The maximum wort volume I have considered is 50L but I could expand it if needed. I have also used a temperature range of 0 22 C as given on the guide. I am sure I could extrapolate the table to show values for higher temperatures but then, they would be mathematical assumptions.

Here is an update.. Give it a go and let me know your feedback.

... is it possible to remove the previous attachment? I haven't managed to do that.

Hi mate,

It seems to be in read only mode, I cannot make any changes to the volume of wort, the type of carbonation etc. Any tips? Otherwise, this will be bloody handy - job well done

Cheers

Hi mate,

It seems to be in read only mode, I cannot make any changes to the volume of wort, the type of carbonation etc. Any tips? Otherwise, this will be bloody handy - job well done

Cheers
oh thanks for pointing that out,
sorry about that, it was working fine for me but I must have forgotten to enable changes when protecting the worksheets. I have now removed the read only protection (attached new file). You may get a prompt asking you to enable the macros, which needs to be done for it to work.
cheers

View attachment Brewer__s_toolbox_V1.1.xls

Back