Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a definate, just one for me thanks.

Jason

Hoops said:
Hoops 6
Hopeye 2
Peter Shane 2
Batz 1
PhilS 1
barls 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

redbeard 2?
jgriffin 2?
briank 2?
kook 2?
JasonY 1?
[post="75196"][/post]​

List amended to reflect my needs.

Cool, only 4 guys to confirm then

Hoops 6
Hopeye 2
Peter Shane 2
Batz 1
PhilS 1
barls 1
JasonY 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

redbeard 2?
jgriffin 2?
briank 2?
kook 2?

3 to go

Hoops 6
Hopeye 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
JasonY 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

redbeard 2?
jgriffin 2?
kook 2?

Sorry guys not for me

It's just not in the must have box , and I have to watch the $$ a bit now

Cheers
Batz

Hoops said:
3 to go

Hoops 6
Hopeye 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
JasonY 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

redbeard 1

jgriffin 2?
kook 2?
[post="75220"][/post]​

just the one for me. thanks

Hoops said:
3 to go

Hoops 6
Hopeye 3
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
JasonY 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

redbeard 2?
jgriffin 2?
kook 2?

Hoops,

Make that three for me.

Cheers,
David

OK this looks like it will be finalised very soon B)
Just to confirm with everyone we are getting the Dixell XR10C.
They will cost around $84ea with probe.
If you want to mount it in a box with leads so that it's plug & play (I can help a few people wire them up) I would think the total cost would be $100.

Timmy or dreamboat - do we need to get relays to run larger than 8A loads?

Hoops 8
Hopeye 3
jgriffin 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
JasonY 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
redbeard 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

kook 2?

Hoops said:
Hoops 8
Hopeye 3
jgriffin 2
JasonY 2
Peter Shane 2
PhilS 1
barls 1
briank 1
kbekus 1
mobrien 1
apocrine 1
Sintax69 1
redbeard 1
hockadays 1
AndrewQLD 1

kook 2?
[post="75274"][/post]​

Actually I think I may have to grab two ... Better to plan for the future! List modified. Love these bulk buys, well done chaps. :super:

Hoops said:
Timmy or dreamboat - do we need to get relays to run larger than 8A loads?

I'm definately no expert, but i think the model we are getting is capable of switching 20A, or 8A inductive right? Any kind of motor or winding creates an inductive load, but your HLT elements etc produce a resistive load.

So really, anything you could plug into a 10A socket should be fine - even a 15A device if it's resistive.

Someone want to confirm or correct my understanding?

jgriffin said:
Someone want to confirm or correct my understanding?

Yep your dead right. Motors are an inductive load while elements are resistive so you will not have probs with electric elements.

Am planing to use one for my HLT and the other for the beer fridge.

/no warranty expressed or given.

That is a definite, the internal relay can switch 20A resistive. 8 A inductive allows for a decnt size hermetic compressor in a domestic or commercial setup.

So 8A isn't a problem for most fridges I assume?

Hoops, sorry to go off topic, but is it possible to get two stage controllers from this guy? I'd like to get rid of my current PC based setup and control my fermenting fridge with something more trustworthy.

kbekus said:
Hoops, sorry to go off topic, but is it possible to get two stage controllers from this guy? I'd like to get rid of my current PC based setup and control my fermenting fridge with something more trustworthy.
[post="75321"][/post]​
1stly I don't know what a 2 stage controller is :blink:
2ndly I haven't spoken to "the guy" so I have no idea :unsure: (although I'm sure he could get them)
3rdly dreamboat is the man you should be asking so over to you dreamboat.........

I am sure you will be able to get a 2 stage controller but you will probably pay full price as everyone else will be getting the standard one so you probably won't get a substancial discount if you go that way.

dreamboat - how do you want to sort out payment and when?

Hoops

Postage is the only unknown at the moment, and it is likely to be different for everyone to cover different parts of the country, and for those getting 1, 2 or 3 devices, which may all end up costing the same as posting one.
I can't think of any way to sert this out in advance, but by the same token, I don't want to have to go and hand over a couple of grand for the gear, and end up sitting on 10 controllers from anybody who changes their mind.

Any brainwaves???
As for the "two stage" system, are you referring to having two probes, or just two setpoints with different outputs? I used a slightly more upmarket model in a control system which had a normal setpoint, and an alarm setpoint, which I had organised to run a heating system on cheap power overnight, but, then with the option to still run during the day if the temp got too cold. Not familiar with a two probe system, but if you can get a model number from one of the dixell links, I can always ask.

dreamboat

I'm not sure but I think a 3 kilo prepaid bag is the one price to anywhere in Aus, and you would probably get a couple in each at least.

Andrew

Hoops / Dreamboat

Sorry to come in at the last moment - but can you put me down for 2 if it's not too late.

In terms of postage - this is going to be a nice order for your supplier. I wonder if he would give you a price for the unit and postage anywhere in OZ - plus confirm how many he can fit in a standard bag. If he can fit up to say 3 in a padded post pack it should be roughly the same to send them out (???).

dreamboat - I will most likely pick mine up from you, and any other peoples from Brisbane if you want, so those people can pay you as soon as you want.
At worst you can always get everyone to pay for the units now, then pay for postage once they arrive, that way you're no out of pocket.

Hoops

Latest posts

Back