Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a water proof industrial switch and timer combo I plan on putting in series with the temperature controller.

The switch includes:

1 * switch module. Has two switches - on/off and auto/manual.
1 * timer module (auto mode) - fairly standard mechanical timer.
1 * power point - weather resistent with screw-in bayonet for the cable.

the timer will be inserted into the stack. I'll post piccies when I dig the switch combo out of the garage. It was originally bought to be installed on the pool pump, but as I don't own that house any more...

My plan is to wire as follows:

Power on/off ==> Auto/Manual switch.

Auto side of switch ==> timer ==> temp controller ==> power point.
Manual side of switch ==> temp controller ==> power point.

Should work a treat :)

Agro.

Sorry but someone has to ask, when do you think the next buy will be :)

pbrosnan said:
Thanks Rob, mione was waiting for me when I arrived back from Albany yesterday. Does anyone remember seeing some rather nice photos of one of these assembled into a project box? I sure it was quite recent.
[post="110051"][/post]​
If I get time tonight I will post pics and parts list for mine

Hoops

Kev,
I can arrange another bulk buy when the numbers interested get up again... be that one month or two, whatever. All you can do to help your cause is to keep this thread fairly active, and hope a couple more punters show some interest and get the quantity up there.

dreamboat

Thanks dreamboat

OK lets start the next bulk buy;

So far including mine is a grand total of 1 :beerbang:

Hi all,

Thanks for the pointers to wiring the thing up. Mobrien's work in post #256 is particularly useful (assuming he has plugged it in and is still with us). Just a point of clarification, the jumper mentioned from pin 7 to pin 4 means that we have both the active from the male and the jumper to pin 4 on top of on each other into pin 7. Am I correct? TIA

Hi Barls,

Sorry didn't realise you were talking to me, some more pics would be great particularly more details of which wires to which pins. The more info the better.

Hi guys,

I've plugged mine in and I am still alive! And better still, my fridge is controlled! I have also used it in heating mode for three brews on my HLT.

My one works exactly wired as described in my posts earlier in this thread. I didn't take a photo of the internals as I thought dreamboat's photo showed it well.

Links for those that want them:

My initial wiring post and subsiquent photos of that wiring process start at post 256 page 18:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/Temp...t3607-s255.html

Robs internals are on post 36 page 3:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/Temp...-t3607-s30.html

M

Mobrien,

Good to hear that all's well with the controller. I tried for a couple of hours to post a drawing of the wiring (without success) but you have obviously got it sorted...not only that you have put it to good use on numerous occasions,,, :beerbang:
Have you had any problems using it in the HLT or did you take extra precautions to protect the temp. probe?

Chilled

Chilled,

Yeah - all is good.

No probs at all with the HLT - it keeps the temp exactly where it is supposed to be, and thats for 3 hours or so. No damage (touch wood) to the probe yet, so thats even better! No extra precautions for the probe - just chuck her in and let it go!

The best bit is they are so easy to use and reconfigure from heating to cooling and vice versa.

M

Hey Guys,

I have hacked up a quick wiring diagram as I see it. I have added a 10 Amp breaker and switch in my circuit as this is what I plan to put together, if you don't want the breaker/switch - don't put one in.

Could somebody quickly verify this is in fact correct... preferably somebody with a little more experience than I have in these matters (never having used the controller before).

i have installed the breaker as I will be plugging into a 15amp circuit and don't want to fry anything rated lower than that. The switch for obvious reasons ;)

HLT%20Wiring.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality of the image. The tools I have access to right now are a little limited.

Jason.

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for all the useful posts on wiring the XR 10C up. I have followed MoBrien's instructions to the letter and the unit is performing perfectly. If there is another BB on put me down for one. The one I have is for the fermentation fridge and I'd like one for the dispensing freezer, Dreamboat?

pbrosnan + qld kev + i have had another direct enquiry.....

so we are up to three already!

minimum three more, and we will call it an order.

dreamboat

so we are up to three already!

Make that 5 :p I will have 2 if there is another bb.

All wired up, mounted and tested.

Thanks dreamboat - this controller rocks :) Will be using it between my HLT and the fermenting fridge.

Cheers
Agro.

Dreamboat,

I'll take one if your doing another order, time i electrified the mashtun :D

Cheers
:chug:

Wow - that was quick!

Looks like we have six to go already.
Lets call close of orders on Friday in case there is anybody else keen, so I can hopefully order and get them in the post the following week.

dreamboat

Time is almost up.

If you want in, get in now or wait until next time.

dreamboat

Back