Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New temp controller arrived safe and sound in the post yesterday. Looks like those home DIY projects will be on hold for another weekend :lol:

Thanks Dreamboat.

Al.

Screwtop said:
bindi said:
Quick question from the Techs out there <_< When I wired my two up I put a 10 amp fuse in the one I will use for the HLT but not in the other for fridge use, should I have but one in both units? I am guess yes :( what have others done?
As Agro said " I don't want the controller being an expensive FUSE" :blink:
Off to the store to buy another breaker I think.
[post="114791"][/post]​

If the thing goes S/C earth then it will be f()(@d anyway, but a fuse could save a fire Bindi.

Cheers
[post="114840"][/post]​

This is what I did, changed the switch to an external one and 10A fuse inside <_< here is both of them.

Temp_cont_1.jpg

Temp_cont_2.jpg

Wow, the board mount breakers are a bit of overkill, an inline ($1.60) fuse would have done. Pretty impressive Bindi.

Quote:"Last week I couldn't even spell technician, this week I are one" - Bindi Bob :D

:) Dreamboat, I am wondering if there will be another BB soon as I will buy two controllers as soon as you can get them.
Matt

Just out of interest I have some digital temperature controllers in the pipworks, well actually in the process of being made and shipping, should have them within the next month.

Hi Brozzy,

Welcome aboard brother. Dreamboat, put me down for another when the next BB gets up.

Brissybrew,

is that another baby in the family for sale???

"Just out of interest I have some digital temperature controllers in the pipworks, well actually in the process of being made and shipping, should have them within the next month. "

Linz
is that another baby in the family for sale???

Yep another litter on the way, it is only a sample of 100 units to test the market.
Digital temperature controller
NTC sensor with +- 1*C of accuracy (I think I have been deluding myself with the 0.1 on my dixell)
Simple to wire up
Simple to program (not a 101 options in the programming manual)
Compressor delay
17A 240V relay.
Heating and Cooling (but I want to do some testing on heating)

In short a new mate for your brewing fridge.

Hi all,
Well, it looks like we are up to three.... lets get up to six and I will call it an order.

dreamboat

pbrosnan said:
Hi Brozzy,

Welcome aboard brother. Dreamboat, put me down for another when the next BB gets up.
[post="117894"][/post]​
Hi Pat, I got hold of an old fridge on Sunday and put the bavlag in it and you were right it is still fermenting at around 14c. I am just using a timer to switch the fridge on and off at the moment but am looking forward to getting a controller.
See you at Easter time,
Matt

Hi All,

Thought I'd bump this to see if we get any more takers particularly among the newer arrivals who may not have enjoyed the fruits of temperature controlled brewing.

i could do with another one for my new fermentation fridge when you put in an order

I'm interested in the BulkBuy, but also interested in what BrissyBrew comes up with as well... kinda keeping my options open at the moment :)

Brissy, how-goes-it with your imports?? got any more info for us? :)

Tim.

I'm really interested in getting one of these to control a coolroom I'm building but I'm a bit concerned about the load I will be powering.

I'll be running an aircon, which I can't get any details on other than the part number (googling doesn't get me anything) - it's a reasonably large in wall unit (the panel with the electrical details is all stuffed up and unreadable) so I would guess that this could be anywhere up to 1.5 hp or higher (?). It's plug appears to be 10A but it is plugged into a 15A feed.

My concern is that the XR10C this thread has been discussing is only rated up to 8Amp for non-resistive loads and I'm concerned that my aircon may pull more than 8A.

The next model on the dixell website that i can see would be suitable is an entry level WING unit, but I'm not 100% sure

Has anybody run an aircon with one of the dixell's?
Any advice appreciated.

Easy and safe solution is to put an external relay in the system. Probably a $20 part, which will protect your temp controller from being run over-current. Any semi-competent sparkie will be able to wire it up for you.

dreamboat

Thanks Dreamboat i have a mate who will be able to do that kind of stuff for me.

Based on that I'd like to be included in the next bulk buy if it's not too much trouble / if another one goes ahead. I'd like one unit.

Pay day is the 15th so hopefully it's not too much before then. If the bulk buys are over I can always order seperately when I'm actually closer to getting it all finished.

Cheers
Boots

Dreamboat, what's the current price for the BulkBuy units? The last post I could find was back in January at $90+p/h. is that still current?

Tim.

That will still be right Tim.
If anybody is interested in being a part of the next bulk buy, please start a list as of NOW so I can be sure that those who have shown interest over the last month or so are still keen.
As before, if we get up around 6 units, I will organise this again.
FYI, Dixell are now producing some very flash looking BLUE LED display units. Currently only the XR20C and another higher model are available with the blue lights, and the price is higher ($110ish I think), and the only real benefit is the flash looking blue lights..... I have one at home ;) and I will post a photo when I get the opportunity.

dreamboat

Thanks DB.
I just had an order placed for one of Brissy's controllers. I can't really justify the 2x price difference for the dixell! :)

Tim.

Latest posts

Back