Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't take too much time to organise... and mostly done in work time which helps also :)

dreamboat

dreamboat said:
It doesn't take too much time to organise... and mostly done in work time which helps also :)

dreamboat
[post="104561"][/post]​

Dreamboat,

You can add my name to this Dixell XR10c bulk buy. I only need the one unit (with the probe included of course). Very appreciative of all your efforts.

:beer:

Chilled said:
Hey guys,

I'm keen on getting two of the Dixell Temp controllers! Is there any one else out there interested in putting togeather another bulk buy? I'm sure if we could get a few more takers another order would be viable. Don't know what the minimum order would be but the two I am interested in will be a start.

Cheers,

Chilled
[post="104468"][/post]​
G'day Chilled

About how much do these devices go for?

Steve

dreamboat said:
As far as I know, $90 is still the current price....
Can't see that it would have changed in the last couple of months.

dreamboat
[post="104560"][/post]​
does this help you stephen

OK Chilled, I am a definite for 1 unit.

cheers

Browndog

Dreamboat,

Orders to date:

Chilled X2
browndog X1
jagerbrau X1 (? I think only one)
pbrosnan X1
TidalPete X1

Chilled

I'll take one as well please.

They come with a probe right?

Jez

Looks like we have the numbers to make up another order.....
Lets look to finish this up early next week... so if anyone else is keen, put your hand up soon or you will miss out for aonther couple of months.

dreamboat

:excl: Time is running out on placing orders for one of these temp. controllers. Dreamboat will be closing this round of purchases early next week so get in now if you want one.

Orders to date:

Chilled X2
browndog X1
pbrosnan X1
TidalPete X1
Jez X1

Chilled

If it's not too late, put me down for 1.

Cheers
Agro.

Ok,
Those of you who are on the list will get an email within the day with my bank accout details on it.
Total will be $90 per controller, plus $6.80 for express post for either one or two units.
Please try to put something in the deposit info to identify who you are! and send me your preferred postage address so I know where to send to.

Thanks
Rob

dreamboat said:
Ok,
Those of you who are on the list will get an email within the day with my bank accout details on it.
Total will be $90 per controller, plus $6.80 for express post for either one or two units.
Please try to put something in the deposit info to identify who you are! and send me your preferred postage address so I know where to send to.

Thanks
Rob
[post="106028"][/post]​

Many thanks for all your efforts in this bulk buy Rob. Have just PM'd you.

:beer:

Thanks Rob, appreciate your efforts in organising this.

Dreamboat:

Final order:

Chilled X2
browndog X1
pbrosnan X1
TidalPete X1
Jez X1
als_world X2
agro X1

Total 10 units

Thanks
Chilled :beerbang:

On topic but new, spoke to Ron from One Temp Brisbane who advised a bulk buy of their Shimaden SR1 temp controller would cost less than $90. Here is the link to the product Shimaden SR1. He was really interested in our hobby/obsession.

Screwtop, I had a look around at quite a few brands and models of temp/process controllers when the interest happened from the last Dixell bulk buy.

Although the Dixell has some downsides (eg - no PV/SV dual display, no alarm output), the big selling points are the ease of configuring/tuning, they come with a thermocouple, and the fact that they have a high current internal relay (20A/8A), which means you only need to wire the unit to the power and not worry about external SS relays or other switching networks for most HB applications.

The SR1 only appears to have a 2A internal relay, which won't be enough to switch boilers or fridges. This will mean external relays and more wiring for an external switch or relay setup.

Most other controllers are pitched at the industrial market where external switching etc is the norm, and whilst they can be used for HB, a reasonable amount of extra hardware and config is required. The Dixell, while nowhere near as flexible, is much more of a plug & play unit.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but just wanted to make sure the pros and cons of controller units were understood...

Cheers,

Alan.

Latest posts

Back