Temp controller that does not require wiring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you can use it to reply to things without actually answering the questions posed? Fair call. Start a petition, I'll sign :)

I've used cable glands on my control box for my 3V rig (controlled by an STC-1000)
Cable ties WILL work, but the assurance of the box being splash proof and the extra protection against cable pullage is well worth the $2 for a couple of cable glands

Ducatiboy stu said:
Cable ties work...but wont pass inspection/certification.
Neither will most of the boxes that the STC-1000 are mounted in.
If you want to take it further, the STC-1000's don't have C tick or approval in Australia anyway.
So where does that leave your inspection/certification?

spudfarmerboy said:
If you want to take it further, the STC-1000's don't have C tick or approval in Australia anyway.
I got a waterproof HPM box for mine, costed a few $ more but it's sturdy and 0% chance of getting electrical contact on the outside.

spudfarmerboy said:
In the hands of your insurance company if they work out your house burnt down with a non aproved device. And that wont be pretty.

Greetings,

Yes, a couple of the advertisers to this forum including Craft Brewer sell these ready made.

I am waiting on one to arrive, hopefully tomorrow. It looks perfect and has two standard Australian plug inputs for both a fridge and a heater.

See Temperature controller 16 amp here http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/default.asp?CID=20

This includes the probe and everything so no need to buy bits and pieces or do any wiring.

Like the OP I was surprised that it has taken so long for someone to cotton on that there would be a market for these.

spudfarmerboy said:
Now now... you should know better than not to refute anyones claims on here with logic and cold hard facts! :p

Lobby Lobster said:
Greetings,

Yes, a couple of the advertisers to this forum including Craft Brewer sell these ready made.

I am waiting on one to arrive, hopefully tomorrow. It looks perfect and has two standard Australian plug inputs for both a fridge and a heater.

See Temperature controller 16 amp here http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/default.asp?CID=20

This includes the probe and everything so no need to buy bits and pieces or do any wiring.

Like the OP I was surprised that it has taken so long for someone to cotton on that there would be a market for these.
They've been on the market for quite a while

I'm happy with my keg king one. 100% plug and play with automatic switching between heating and cooling. Worth the extra bucks IMHO... Even if it did cost as much as my fridge!

Ducatiboy stu said:
In the hands of your insurance company if they work out your house burnt down with a non aproved device. And that wont be pretty.
Are the inspection tags fireproof or something?

Still they gayest forum ever .

Op = about $100 from any good home brew shop = easy temp controller

I'm happy with my keg king one. 100% plug and play with automatic switching between heating and cooling. Worth the extra bucks IMHO... Even if it did cost as much as my fridge!

Same. Works very well. And adjustable hysteresis.

Latest posts

Back