Tell us about your Home-Brew Trials & Tribulations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alquimie

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm searching for amateur brewers who take pride in their home-grown product. I'm the editor of an independent Australian drinks publication and I'm running an article about the beauty of home-brews. The crashing catastrophes and triumphant successes alike.

It would be beneficial to your story if you had some home-brews on hand as we will be tasting home-brews with one of Australia's foremost brewers.

If you have an interesting story to tell and don't mind being featured in a publication, please contact me at editorial at alquimie.com.au.

Many thanks,

Josh Elias.

Brewed a beer once. Tasted reeeaaal good. Yup. She was a gooden. Drank the whole 19 litres in one sittin'. Lordy old sherrif Dickson weren't none too happy when he caurt us shittin' on his vee-hicle. Yup, that beer was a gooden alright.

Alquimie said:
Hi Folks,

I'm searching for amateur brewers who take pride in their home-grown product. I'm the editor of an independent Australian drinks publication and I'm running an article about the beauty of home-brews. The crashing catastrophes and triumphant successes alike.

It would be beneficial to your story if you had some home-brews on hand as we will be tasting home-brews with one of Australia's foremost brewers.

If you have an interesting story to tell and don't mind being featured in a publication, please contact me at editorial at alquimie.com.au.

Many thanks,

Josh Elias.
Where to start, been brewing for 35 years. Have I have a few failures and successes ? Yes but I'm still here!

Batz

Deeeeeeaaaar Lordy Lord me had meself some trial-libulations alright. Hee-hawww a snickims with me Home Brew (sic title caps). This one time I had myself a whole keg of my finest home brew. We don't know why there was a sherrif car parked a yonder, but it was like the devil himself parked it there. Needed a good old a shittin' on to make things right....

Brewing one day, during the boil, it suddenly felt as though my head were soaring above the clouds while my feet were simultaneously running alongside the most pristine and untouched beaches of the world. Topless angels sung to me of great riches and beauty to behold beyond the perfect APA I was attempting to create; the beer was simply a gateway into precious harmony and splendor.

..turns out, I hadn't accommodated for air circulation in my garage and my gas burner was generating carbon monoxide at a rate that would've killed me had I let it continue. It was only my poor performance when playing Counterstrike that I suspected something was wrong. That, and the euphoria

Well, most home brewers have home brew on hand.

They are all triumphant successes, even when you dont know what you are doing. This is probably why home brew has a bad name.

The ones that are recognised as failures, for a less knowledgable brewer are evidently so. For a more seasoned brewer, the subtle nuance creeps in.

So, pride is much evident, however it is not always deserved.

Interested in the process more than the result.

As a first-step for many enthusiasts, there are varied stories to be told here.

Those willing to share their story. Please email me as per above.

Josh,

I'm no editor-in-chief, but didn't you mean....'...share they're story.'

Anyhoo,

To help with some interesting stories, I highly recommend looking at this thread
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/89648-your-worstdumbest-brewday-stuff-up/

It has some excellent stories of people's fun with the home brewing process. You might find a couple of users in that thread that you could send a message to if you happen to like their story enough. Maybe they will write it for you too :)

Haha, when you are in a rush, sometimes things slip by.

Thanks for the heads up. Shall cast my eye over that thread.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Josh,

Anyhoo,

To help with some interesting stories, I highly recommend looking at this thread
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/89648-your-worstdumbest-brewday-stuff-up/

It has some excellent stories of people's fun with the home brewing process. You might find a couple of users in that thread that you could send a message to if you happen to like their story enough. Maybe they will write it for you too :)
wtf

share they are story?

isn't it their?

zorsoc_cosdog said:
That much is true! :chug:

Edit. Ah, droid beat me to it.

Better stick with the accepted plan..

Here you go

579321.png

My introduction to AG brewing was littered with mistakes and errors which all stemmed from a chemical sealant. While a lengthy story of woe it was mainly only amusing to people who know me as they enjoy my misfortunes.
Might as well submit the story anyway. If a reporter comes around to sample my beer then I can put the appropriate spin on it for my wife to show her that I have a future in brewing.

Made a batch a hooch once dat made the whole county fall in love wit they-are sisters. Then go blind.

There is that fun part of it. But if anyone does get in touch with Josh, or he messages someone from the stuff ups thread and an article comes out of it, that would be pretty cool.

I'd buy a copy of that edition if I knew them as an AHB regular! :)

damoninja said:
At least he knows us brewers are smart asses
Gotta be smart to make good-quality homebrew..... Too many variables to ****-up for someone who thinks it's a shortcut to cheap (good quality) beer.

I got a brew going upto dough in temp,added the crushed grain and got a phone call that Mum was off with the fairies again ( dementia ) dropped everything and bolted to hers leaving the elements on.
Got back to a hell of a mess. All grain porridge beer,it'd been boiling for damned near 2 hours,what a job it was cleaning the keggle/ elements etc....lesson learnt.

Latest posts

Back