Tell us about your Home-Brew Trials & Tribulations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mtb said:
Brewing one day, during the boil, it suddenly felt as though my head were soaring above the clouds while my feet were simultaneously running alongside the most pristine and untouched beaches of the world. Topless angels sung to me of great riches and beauty to behold beyond the perfect APA I was attempting to create; the beer was simply a gateway into precious harmony and splendor.

..turns out, I hadn't accommodated for air circulation in my garage and my gas burner was generating carbon monoxide at a rate that would've killed me had I let it continue. It was only my poor performance when playing Counterstrike that I suspected something was wrong. That, and the euphoria
Ba, ha,ha! You nearly killed yourself home brewing!

Well today, I really struggled, biab, lifted the bag I was 10 points down and low on volume, what should have been a quick brew resulted in a double dunk sparge and 90min of boiling just to get it into the urn. Fast forward to 10min to go, and I add TSP to the boil instead of nuetrient ( it was in the wrong place). So lots of hops and grain in the bin and down 7hrs. Re brew friday on the big kit.

Back