Teach A Friend To Homebrew Day- Nov 5th

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi guys, just picked this up off the HBD and thought I'd pass it on. If I remember rightly we did something like this last year to join on to the American home brewing day. Just another good reason to brew if you ask me.

From HBD:
Subject: Teach A Friend To Homebrew Day

Calling All Homebrewers!

It's time to brew some beer for the greater good. The American Homebrewers
Association's 7th annual Teach A Friend To Homebrew Day is coming up on
November 5th (always held on the first Saturday in November). This is a day
of service.....well, and fun, if it's not fun you're not doing it
right.....where homebrewers around the globe gather their non-brewing
friends, neighbors, and family to teach them how to brew up some beer.

Why? Because more homebrewers = better world to live in!

Last year we had 1179 participants from 137 different sites. Help us make
this year even bigger. Sites registered before October 23 will be sent
copies of Zymurgy for Beginners, our 24-page guide for beginning homebrewers.

For details and to register your site see:
www.beertown.org/events/teach/index.html.

Cheers!

Gary Glass, Project Coordinator
Brewers Association
888-U-CAN-BREW
(303) 447-0816 x 121
gary at brewersassociation.org
www.beertown.org

I am helping a mate go to next step that weekend , using my mill to grind grains and my gear for his first partial , does that count? He is now [hope to be was] K@K, can and 1k dex yeast from the can Guy.

I emailed them and I am in no problem. registed my friends non brewing site also.

im trying to persuade any Canberra AG'ers to do a demo on that day over on the canberrabrewers site as Ive never seen one in action :party:

I thought the last one was held on the 7th May, or is that something different?

Was a great day up at John Griffens :D

I think we might have to do something that day. How about a few Sydney guys having a brew together. Maybe room for 4 mash tuns & boilers! BBQ will be firing.
What do you think?
Gerard

I'd be up for that. Sounds like a good day to me.

This sounds like a good day.

I have a friend who has been wanting to do an AG day but has always been busy, I will have to book him for that sat.

Sounds like a great idea Gerard. Maybe re-distribute some of the xmas case if its been to/from newie.

I have a Buck's Day on Nov %th so it looks like Sunday the 6th for me. I have 2-3 guys ready to put down their first All-Grain on the day. I will start a new thread for this when things are confirmed early next week.
Cheers
Gerard

Sure that counts, sounds like a good cause to me!

Cheers!
Gary
Gary Glass, Project Coordinator
Brewers Association
888-U-CAN-BREW
(303) 447-0816 x 121
[email protected]
www.beertown.org

Teach A Friend To Homebrew Day is November 5. Register your site at www.beertown.org/events/teach/index.html

This is the email reply I recieved, I asked him if helping a mate go to the next step [partials or AG counted] and yes it does. :lol:

Ross said:
I thought the last one was held on the 7th May, or is that something different?

Was a great day up at John Griffens :D
[post="82717"][/post]​

As the 5th of November used to be Guy Faulkes Day before the authorities banned fireworks
maybe a few brews (and a few more) after lessons would ensure the day finishes with a bang. :p

:beer:

Tidalpete said:
As the 5th of November used to be Guy Faulkes Day before the authorities banned fireworks
maybe a few brews (and a few more) after lessons would ensure the day finishes with a bang. :p

[post="83103"][/post]​

I don't have to worry about a big bang Pete. On my brew days, I drink a fair amount to apeeze the Beer Gods. It seems I always finish the day with a bang as I walk into the door or something.

PeterS....

Back