Tax Refund= Home Brew Stuff!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Scotty

Reaction score
I did my tax online and i have already got my tax back, so i have $250 bucks to spend on brewing stuff.... YAY!!!

So far i have bought:

- Fridge mounted pull down tap $95
- Esky for mash tun $ 40
- Ball valve + fittings for mash tun and boiler - $25
- Stainless steel braided hose - $10

So I still have $80 bucks to spend, im going to buy a 19l stainless stock pot to be used as a HLT and i need to get a burner.

Then im almost done setting up for AG brewing!!! I love getting money :D

Has anybody else spent their tax refund on brewing gear?

Scotty

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
Mate i use a 20L electric HLT, and it's just barely big enough. If you can, go bigger than 19L.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
Esky for $40....What size and shape is it?

I am in the market for a cylindrical type and have not found anything under $100.

But to answer your question..Yes I did spend most of my tax refund on brew stuff, I finished off my kegs and bought taps and fittings, the rest will go towards some dexion to build a 3 tier.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
Scotty,

Who can wait for the tax return? :excl:

I got some overtime $$ last pay and went out and bought some urgently required ingredients for 2 partial mash brews (time-saving reasons mostly)...a Dunkelweizen (semi-based on the BYO recipe from whenever), and a California Common (coz its lager-brewin' weather, brothers).

Dunkel is bubbling away quite happily on a yeast cake from a previous brew, and tastes v. complex due to 6 grains.

Maybe U should spend the money on some ingredients 2?
It works for me...

Seth (testing/tasting Amarillo APA and Hefeweizen 2nite) :p

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Looks like mine is -$2000 may have to sell a kidney :( damn tax man. Wont stop me buying brew gear but.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
JasonY said:
Looks like mine is -$2000 may have to sell a kidney :( damn tax man. Wont stop me buying brew gear but.
[post="68207"][/post]​
J,

I can give you a great price for a kidney. $5K+, but U have to have the operation in Thailand, where the laws...

Oops, I said too much. PM me if interested. :lol:

BTW, I can't do anything with your liver, but eyes are bringing top dollar ATM. :lol:

U might even turn a nice profit. :lol:

Dr Seth out

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
Dr Seth,
It sounds like you are an expert in the organs futures market. Could you please provide us with your top tips for investment?

I understand fresh kidneys and livers are always in demand with homebrewers. What else is good to hold onto?

Yours in graverobbing,
barfridge

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
I'll take that kidney (left preferred) at reserve, provided we have compatible blood types. Might be interested in a slice of liver at the right price, too.

Aaron

Reaction score
Intaxification: The feeling one gets when they first see their tax return. Until they realise it was their money anyway!

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
PostModern said:
I'll take that kidney (left preferred) at reserve, provided we have compatible blood types. Might be interested in a slice of liver at the right price, too.
[post="68234"][/post]​
Well it would want to be cash, not paying tax on it. :p Add would have read kidney for sale, left or right, used and abused. :beerbang:

Latest posts