Taps To Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asis

Reaction score
Hi I was given a couple of second hand fonts from a club reno. They are in pretty good nick but dont have taps.

I was thinking about buying some Perlick 525ss from ebay but I'm not sure what else I need in the way of adaptors etc. or can these screw straight into the font?

What did the guys who brought taps in the bulk buy use?

I've attached a couple of pics so you can see what I have.

You lucky b@rstard.

great start to a setup there. great score.

Yep its going to be a big improvement over my pluto gun and one tap through my freezer collar. Hopefully have it up and running by christmas.

You are going to need some adapters of some kind. I just went through this buying a Lancer Cobra and fitting Snap lock adapters to it so that my Perlick 525SS would work. That setup you have there looks very different though. I'd suggest looking at the manufacturers website ie, Andale or Lancer. Sorry I cant be of more help.

MD

Thanks glaab, that does look like what I need.

Is the thread on the 525ss perlicks 5/8?

Thanks glaab, that does look like what I need.

Is the thread on the 525ss perlicks 5/8?

I think it is 5/8. I should be receiving my 525ss taps in the next day or so, and i'm matching them up to a Lancer Pacific font that came with snaplock adapters. I'm going to get the snaplock shanks and locking nuts from LP, as they're cheaper than Ross and local.

Cheers,

Jon

I think it is 5/8. I should be receiving my 525ss taps in the next day or so, and i'm matching them up to a Lancer Pacific font that came with snaplock adapters. I'm going to get the snaplock shanks and locking nuts from LP, as they're cheaper than Ross and local.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the snaplock shanks and locking nuts from Lancer Pacific. We have an outlet in Brisbane but it's fair drive from where I am.

Thanks

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the snaplock shanks and locking nuts from Lancer Pacific. We have an outlet in Brisbane but it's fair drive from where I am.

Thanks

I think the snaplock shank and locking nut came to about $25 in the end.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi where is the best place/site to buy the snap lock connecters from

Latest posts

Back