Tap spanner/wrench

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainmorgan

Reaction score
I've just got a 3 door kegerator that has a T shaped font with 4 taps.
I've bought one of those 5 in 1 combination wrenches to tighten the nut at the back of the tap, but it's impossible to reach the back of the taps that are closest to the middle of the font.
Does anyone know where to buy a long handled wrench, or what size is the nut? Maybe I can buy a ring spanner and cut out part of the ring.

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_183727.jpg
    IMG_20220617_183727.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi, got any pics of your kegerator?

Hi, got any pics of your kegerator?
Yes I agree, a pic of the kegerator would be helpful!

The pic posted above only shows a dart board, a hand drill, three sheep shears, two hedge shears, a coping saw, a keyhole saw, three Alvey fishing reels and a strange looking stainless steel topped big black box thingy with Keg King written on it.;)

This is the beer font I'm talking about. Impossible to tighten the nuts inside for the inner taps

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
This is the beer font I'm talking about. Impossible to tighten the nuts inside for the inner taps
Looks difficult indeed, I know you had it somehow figured out, just needed the right tools. How about an adjustable wrench?

Have you tried removing the outer tap first to help you easier reach the inner tap? It may be easier than mucking around trying to get around the outer tap. Am I right that you bought this second hand and you didn't assemble it originally?

Back