Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase71

Out of Order
Reaction score
There's a few queries from travellers to Sydney looking for some drinking spots, so I've whipped up a map that might come in handy. This is by no means extensive of all the interesting places for a top beer in town, but it may come in handy as a fold-up pocket guide. Enjoy !

Sydney_Boozers_Guide.gif

I know it's pretty damn expensive but I'd think Red Oak should probably be included on that list. Much more worthy than Equilibrium thats for sure.

I have booked marked this page for quick and easy referance and hope to see a few more updares to the map. I see that the james squire is not on it but will be up latter next year and would LOVE to see every good pub.

Hero of Waterloo

Rooftop of the Glenmore

Bridgeview

Rooftop of the Glenmore
Recently checked this joint out.
Not the best place for beer choice, but the view from the roof is stella, and its only 100m from the Australian.

Not sure if anyones mentioned it yet, but i'd also recommend the Pumphouse in Darling Harbour...well near the Entertainment Centre and Chinatown technically. Great range of beers including some micros that are pretty much exclusive.
Edit: Oh, the pumphouse was mentioned...but yeah, highly recommended! :D As with the James Squire Brewhouse on King St Wharf...same sorta deal.

Oh, and I know it ain't much of an establishment, but Jacksons On George has plenty of beers in bottles in the main bar on the ground floor.
Some of which i've never seen before! Picked up a New Norcia Abbey Ale last time I was in there...never knew such a thing existed!

Hey, it's only a start ! :D With the intentions of a single pub crawl itinerary. How many beers can one man drink. Oh wait, it's a homebrew forum, not an Amish round table.

Im happy to build this a lot more in due course, so keep the ideas rolling in . Reckon it's a good idea to have similar maps for each major city available.

A lot of people rip on the Equilibrium, but I reckon a pub with 60 beers ON TAP beats somewhere with half as many in bottles...... admittedly the atmosphere is a bit yuppie, but for a pop in it's worth the visit.

Steyne Hotel Manly, front bar overlooking the beach (sit at the windowsill) - Only Stella etc but you can sit and watch the talent plus the surfers . exxy but unique.

A lot of people rip on the Equilibrium, but I reckon a pub with 60 beers ON TAP beats somewhere with half as many in bottles...... admittedly the atmosphere is a bit yuppie, but for a pop in it's worth the visit.
I don't mind the place, been there 4 times, was excellent the first couple of times but the place has gone downhill since then...beerwise anyway. The 60 aforementioned beers may be a few less that expected, last time I was there half of the taps were missing! <_<

Im heading up to the CBD for a few days and was wondering if there are any more updates on this map ?

Can i get some address of the joints as well :)

Latest posts

Back