Sydney Hop Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There must be a huge mark up in the price of hops on the retail side for suppliers to make such a fuss....

But being self employed i can sort of understand why...

:( :( :( :(

There must be a huge mark up in the price of hops on the retail side for suppliers to make such a fuss....

But being self employed i can sort of understand why...

:( :(

Sort of understand???

We are all out to earn a crust hey..

Quick Calculation:

Nelson Sauvin
Bulk Buy Price: $44.00 per 1000grams
Craftbrewer Price: $75.00 per 1000grams
Difference: $31.00 per 1000grams

Something else to consider on the difference is: Hop Pellets, Hop Plugs & Hop Flowers - All our hops come sealed in oxygen barrier foils, under a full commercial vacuum & stored refrigerated until despatch for maximum freshness.

Plus Rents, GST, Wages, Work Cover, Overheads and the rest to factor into their costs.... ;)

There is a markup for retail, fair enough, hell we all got bills to pay.

What I have an issue with is the fact that retailers can halt this sort of activity.......Who is their role model, Bill Gates?

What I have an issue with is the fact that retailers can halt this sort of activity.......Who is their role model, Bill Gates?

DonaldTrump.jpg

Couldn't resist :ph34r:

Fair call Pollux... It wasnt a retailer last time though was it??

Sort of understand???

We are all out to earn a crust hey..

Does this include hop wholesalers too? Do you think standing in the way of them willingly selling wholesale quantities to us helps their quest to earn a crust?

Another one shot down in flames. No wonder Ross set up his own business. Maybe all you need is an ABN number? Im waiting to hear what the go is from CaptainCleanOff.
Cheers
Steve

Fair call Pollux... It wasnt a retailer last time though was it??

Has it ever NOT been a retailer behind these these things miraculously falling apart? Why do you think the wholesaler pulls out - they don't want to offend retailers. Why? Because the retailers (either implicitly or explicitly) threaten not to do business with them if they sell direct to homebrewers.

Why? Because the retailers (either implicitly or explicitly) threaten not to do business with them if they sell direct to homebrewers.

Where else will they get there Hops from if this is the case??

Where else will they get there Hops from if this is the case??

There are a number of hop wholesalers. The other way to think about it is that wholesalers would not be willing to lose a key HBS account for the sake of a one-off bulk buy.

There are a number of hop wholesalers. The other way to think about it is that wholesalers would not be willing to lose a key HBS account for the sake of a one-off bulk buy.

Ok, Ok.. Who is the Retailer stopping these things then????? Maybe someone can fess up so no-one wastes their time trying to organise the same thing again...

I really dont give a Rats, Im happy getting mine as I go from a retailer along with my other bits... Why do Grain Bulk Buys still happen with really good prices through retailers, just like the one Ive sorted???

:icon_cheers: CB

Ok, Ok.. Who is the Retailer stopping these things then????? Maybe someone can fess up so no-one wastes their time trying to organise the same thing again...

I would love for this to happen. If its not such a bad thing they are doing then why wouldn't they come on here and justify their position? Somehow I don't think we are going to see it though...

I really dont give a Rats, Im happy getting mine as I go from a retailer along with my other bits... Why do Grain Bulk Buys still happen with really good prices through retailers, just like the one Ive sorted???

:icon_cheers: CB

What are considered "good" prices these days are not a patch on what was available before retailers took control of bulk buys. Its more of a modest bulk discount, which most retailers always offered if you asked them. There is a big difference between this and a genuine bulk buy directly through the wholesaler.

But maybe I just need to realise that the good old days are well and truly over huh???

But maybe I just need to realise that the good old days are well and truly over huh???

Yes they are... :unsure:

Just gotta make the most of any opportunity that arises these days, just like myself buying 1.2kgs of Hops(4 Varieties) for 1/2 there normal "Retail" price off a fellow brewer that was surplus to their needs... Enough for a few brews..

:beer: CB

Latest posts

Back