Syd Craftbrewer FWK Bulk Buy 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ross

Worth adding more hops later in ferment ? Or would that be over doing it ? :)

Brewers,

Would love to get some feedback good or bad on our FWK's. I'm sure most of you must have brewed 1 or 2 by now.

Cheers Ross

Hi Ross,

I'm drinking the APA now and really really like it. I have to admit the bitterness was a little higher than expected, although I've only just started getting into APAs so my experience is very limited - really only 4 Pines is the only commercial example I drink with any regularity.

I also think I should have dry-hopped a little more aggressively, I ended up using simcoe and chinook, about 15 grams of each, for around 3 days. I cold crashed for 4 days, but it didn't really clear up significantly.

All that said, as my first step into FWKs from K&K, It's really opened my eyes to what's possible in AG. I'm looking forward to attempting my own APA recipes.

The Kolsch is in the fermenter right now with WLP029 and I'm very much looking forward to getting that into a keg.

Thinking I might need to get a work funded trip up to Brisbane to taste some of the Bacchus offerings straight out of the tap!

Hi Ross
Well i tasted the Obama last night and wow! Amazing aroma and beautiful flavour. Only problem is I split it with my brother so only about 8 litres left.

Have to get another in the FV. Tonight.

I will definitely be in again next time.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ross, haven't had any more I haven't tried before yet; but as posted before.

London Porter, great porter on par with some expensive craft brews I've tried, nice and malty with great flavour from multiple malts.
GMT IPA, didn't do a side by side with the real GMT but this was a bloody good english IPA, good malt backbone and oozes EKG.
Irish red: I prefer this to the watered down tasting Kilkenny you get in Aus, malty and toasty
Black Goat: didn't side by side this either but have had the Black Sheep on occasion and the Goat stands up well to commercial English offerings
Obama: very nice BIPA I prefered it very fresh to get the most out of the hop freshness, slight malt backbone and rostiness with great Amarillo flavour
Rock and Timber: I stuffed the dry hopping on this due to going away and leaving in for too long and got a lot of grassy taste.
Bright: Stuffed this up a bit too, my first beer in keg and managed to freeze it, it was a bit like rocket fuel as I didn't realise it was partly frozen, still tasted alright though.

can't remember what else I've had at the moment.

Brewers,

Would love to get some feedback good or bad on our FWK's. I'm sure most of you must have brewed 1 or 2 by now.

Cheers Ross

Craftbrewer Fresh Wort Kits:

I am finished the two bright ales - amazing drop, I want more!

The Obama is awesome as above.

Waiting for the Vienna lager to do its lagering - hopefully i'll be able to give feedback on that sooN!

Snuck in some of the Vienna before its properly ready, damn thats a good drop.

When is the next bulk buy?!

Hi guys

Just drinking my last FWK from Craft Brewer.
Falconers flight. It is amazing drop. Smells like something and then you taste and it is just soo different. Nicely balanced. I want more.

I am happy to receive a pallet and would get 6 or so FWKs if anyone else is interested?

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I reckon my arm could be twisted to get 2 or 3. I've been a bit slack on the brewing front and I need to fill a few kegs for Christmas.

Muddy Waters said:
I reckon my arm could be twisted to get 2 or 3. I've been a bit slack on the brewing front and I need to fill a few kegs for Christmas.
Ditto here.....

A new thread will be started for the new BB when we hear back from Ross. :)

Brewers,

I've only received 1 communication (that I can see) regarding the Sydney Bulk buy & that was from Zwitter, which I replied to on Monday as below:

Hi Zwitter,

We fit layers of 16 on a pallet up to max 2 high. So 32 a pallet.
Unfortunately we don't wholesale anymore, as after doing some detailed costings, we discovered our wholesale price was our production cost.
However, If you do a pallet of 32, I'll pay the freight, so you'll get free delivery. No problem with delivery dates.

hope this works for you.

cheers Ross

If you guys do proceed, you can order anything off our lists, regardless of whether in stock or not, as we'll make fresh to order.

Back