Syd Craftbrewer FWK Bulk Buy 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok boys the eagle has landed.

I will send PM with details to mattwa, snakeDoctor, Durham70' Jurt, muddy waters Kario, KGB and Pistol.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Muddy came and helped sort the pallet, thanks Muddy.

Taken his already, one happy customer.

James

Thanks for organising pistol, and thanks zwitter and muddy for unloading/sorting!

Brew day tomorrow as well as these! Should fill the kegs nicely!

Many thanks to Pistol for organising and Zwitter for warehousing!

Cheers to all that took part and Ross, easy to organise and will probablly do again in future, once you taste the product you'll know why! :)

Thanks to James for warehousing and distribution. LOL

Hi guys

Well officially declaring this bulk buy complete and a huge success.

Huge thanks to Pistol for organising the whole thing and to Ross at Craftbrewer.
Also to each one of you for assistance in sorting and being so pleasant to deal with and was a pleasure to meet you all. Maybe some time we should all get together for a beer.

More than happy to be involved next time.

Cheers

zwitter

James

Glad it went well guys. More important though is how the end product tastes so please post your results good or bad.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I followed this thread and would have got involved had I not just purchased a bunch of supplies. I am fairly new to brewing and I can't wait to get involved in the next bulk buy whenever it is.
Look forward to reading some feedback also.

The Bright Ale is currently carbing up in the fridge - early taste tests are promising!

SnakeDoctor said:
The Bright Ale is currently carbing up in the fridge - early taste tests are promising!

I'm enjoying it currently! Very nice!

SnakeDoctor said:
I'm enjoying it currently! Very nice!
The Bright Ale tastes even better now. Very smooth and crisp, it's still very clear even though I didn't filter it at all.

+1 awesome FWKs

Ross said:
Glad it went well guys. More important though is how the end product tastes so please post your results good or bad. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Well, I made the Porter early (as you saw in the notto blow out thread) and I've near polished it off, absolutely delicious.

I'll hold on to the Bushfire until I get my wedding brews done, but going from the taste of the porter, it's going to be a cracker!

The father in law just kegged his Old, gonna let it sit for a bit to drop the us05, smells amazing though!

Obama is bubbling away, counting the days...
Zwitter

Currently drinking nelson sauvin - tastes great despite fermenting a bit warm (had no temperature control). Didn't filter so it's a bit cloudy (used wyeast 1056) but as I say tastes great

Put fighting falcon IPA on this weekend. Added 80gms of falconers flights hops at the start of the ferment - smells fantastic !! Again I'm using wyeast 1056
I'm thinking of 2-3 weeks fermenting at 17C (fermenting fridge now up and running), a week cold crash, filter and then keg for a week before drinking. Any thoughts / comments ? As I type it that seems a long wait for something that smells so good !!!

Thanks again for organising

David

I'd be more inclined to ferment for 1-2 weeks at 17 or 18c then CC for a week, keg and sample after a week....I say sample because it'll taste better after a few weeks in the keg. Personally I don't filter.

durham70 said:
Currently drinking nelson sauvin - tastes great despite fermenting a bit warm (had no temperature control). Didn't filter so it's a bit cloudy (used wyeast 1056) but as I say tastes great

Put fighting falcon IPA on this weekend. Added 80gms of falconers flights hops at the start of the ferment - smells fantastic !! Again I'm using wyeast 1056
I'm thinking of 2-3 weeks fermenting at 17C (fermenting fridge now up and running), a week cold crash, filter and then keg for a week before drinking. Any thoughts / comments ? As I type it that seems a long wait for something that smells so good !!!

Thanks again for organising

David
David, don't worry on this brew, but the dry hopping should be done once fermention is over, not at the start. All that lovely aroma you are smelling is no longer in your beer, you don't want the CO2 scrubbing the aroma out of the beer. In future, add the dry hops approx 1 week before you plan to filter. Also, if you are filtering, no need to wait so long. 9 days fermenting should be heaps, then crash chill over night filter & enjoy.

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back