Swmbo Helps My Brewery Because She...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
... holds and rinses the Sieve when straining (at much personal risk it must be said)

... Caps my bottles while Im filling if I want her to... if only I can get her to wash the bottles as well...

bless the little lady
:wub:

by letting me take over an entire bathroom and turning it into a brewery
not to mention having bottles everywhere!

far out i coulnt think of one thing... my swmbo is the arch nemasis of homebrew.. :eek:

Lets me keep the fermentaion fridge and yeast starters in the bedroom so I can check on my babies if I need to in the middle of the night :icon_cheers:

Its on my side at least.

Lets me keep the fermentaion fridge and yeast starters in the bedroom so I can check on my babies if I need to in the middle of the night :icon_cheers:

Its on my side at least.

:D

Also helps me cap the bottles and listens to me prattle on about all things beer. She also has a great sense of smell so can pick out the different hop and yeast characters of beer, turning my "Smells fruity" into "Orange peel, Grapefruit and a hint of raisen". :rolleyes:

Edit: Forgot to add, let me build a beer closet under the stairs ;)

SWMBO helps my brewery because ...... she restricts her disaproval to a shrug of her shoulders and rolling of her eyes.

Had a beer with Dad on Friday night, he was going to work on Sat (interstate driver) and Mum volunteered to bottle 45l of stout that was ready, she normally helps with the capping anyway.
Must nearly be time to shift my brewery :p

Mine used to help with bottling by being bottle filler while I capped, but now that I keg she pretty much stays out of it......

Best help I get is her decision to not question any purchases I make for the brewery, she just rolls her eyes and walks away. Smart thing she is.

Tries hard not to break my hydrometer. So far the score's 2 all. ;)

I was about to echo "keeps the #%$^ outta my way" but since she has offered to chip in on a mill for chrissy... I will lovingly switch to:

Chips in on a mill for Xmas.

My SWMBO helps my brewery because she,

Cleans kegs, fermenters, bottles & most other brewery gear if I need help.
Occasionally measures ingredients.
Labels the bottles & kegs.
Cleans the bar after a big night also flushing the beer lines & rinsing the drip trays.
Pours beer from the beer taps at the bar for all of our friends.
Refills the ice machine with water.
Refills the bar with nuts & chips etc
Gets the brew gear ready to go before I get home so brew time is shorter.

I just need to teach her how to brew & fill kegs & I wouldn't have much to do.

If she didn't help it would take me a lot longer on brew day.

Cheers WoolBrew :icon_cheers:

Cleans the bar after a big night also flushing the beer lines & rinsing the drip trays.

:eek:

ED: She is a chick right? :)

I have 4 fridges in the brewery so i guess that means i dont need to ask permission B)

or maybe its the lack of a wedding ring combined with the fact i still own my balls...... for now :rolleyes:

Sounds more like SWO than a SWMBO.

My wife has great taste - can tell a cheap beer from a good one, loves an IPA... Her tasting notes are worth listening to.

Also, just very supportive.

Mine decided to start a gluten free diet around the same time as I got into homebrewing, so no more beer for her. Oh well, more for me I guess. She groans and rolls her eyes when I ask her to give me a hand.....for all of about 5 minutes on brew day. But then she's all too happy to help with the cider. :)

:eek:

ED: She is a chick right? :)

Yes she is. Having a SWMBO that helps in the brewery can be very helpful.

There's no complaints from her about money being spent in the bar & brewery & I don't need premission like most of the blokes I read about on AHB.

Yes she is. Having a SWMBO that helps in the brewery can be very helpful.

There's no complaints from her about money being spent in the bar & brewery & I don't need premission like most of the blokes I read about on AHB.

That fact that people refer to their other halves as SWMBO says it all.......

Brewing is one of my hobbies, and it's all mine. Nothing to do with mrs warra. She doesn't drink, so I can brew what I want, when I want, and it's all for me.

I don't interfere with mrs warra's patchwork, embroidery, and knitting, or shopping for the grandkids.

Makes us about even in my book.

Latest posts

Back