Swmbo Helps My Brewery Because She...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That fact that people refer to their other halves as SWMBO says it all.......

aww cmon Doc.. it's ALL a laugh yeah? ;) it could be said that the fact we're still with em says it all too...

I call mine swmbo as a laugh... 'caus Id never heard it before I printed out the AHB acronyms :p ...

and I think she secretly likes it :D

mine usually rinses out tallies, and throws the spent grain/hops in the bin after brewday. :icon_cheers:

Freaked out when I bought yet another keg, cracked it & told me to get out of the garage & build a new brew shed!!

That & she totally leaves me alone about it all... :beerbang:

Helped me once when i had a brokem arm.
Now just wines about the smell, mashing and the boil / hops ect.
I think its the best smell ever, almost as good as drinking the results!

she thinks she might get another diamond!!!! we are both kidding ourselves <_<

Well my girlfriend helps with anything I need her to and is supportive of it as a hobby.

Only thing she can't help me with is the drinking and evaluating of the beer because 'it just tastes like beer'.....

Why did she not grant permission for you to come to the swap? :lol:

Permission was granted. Little dumb **** that moved in (read nephew)caused shit that stopped me being able to attend because I had to be an adult for him.

Permission was granted. Little dumb **** that moved in (read nephew)caused shit that stopped me being able to attend because I had to be an adult for him.

I know, just winding you up mate :)

believes it keeps me home from the pub where i will run off with some 18 year old so and so.............

:huh:

like any 18 year old hottie wants a balding slightly overweight home brewer to....... spend the weekend in the garage with :lol:

but i will run with it and smile :)

She Who Makes Brad Orgasm
At first I was happy with the modular nature of the acronym but then I thought about it and didn't want to think about it any more.

Looking for the mind-bleach.

That fact that people refer to their other halves as SWMBO says it all.......

This.

My partner supports my brewing because she loves the DIY concept. She even brewed with me recently.

She tastes beers when she feels like it, requests beers when she feels like it and generally seems ok with the idea that more than half the house and all of the outside laundry, shed and backyard are pretty much devoted to it.

@bradsbrew - you could just make it 'she who makes brewer orgasm' then everyone would be happy. Those who have a hwmbo could simply substitute an 'H'

mine deals with it never any hand or anything she tastes some brews and goes thats shit! but she hates beer so I guess thats coming. Well did get a hmm thats fruity but its beer one time lol. I get yelled at every brew day for half the kitchen being in the shed or leaving a black mark in the sink when cooling the wort. I guess she finds it ok coz in the long run it cost less (so I tell her) hehe

Mrs Hatchy brewed a porter weekend before last. She wasn't very impressed with the level of "help" that I provided. She used to help bottle but I haven't bottled a batch for ages now. She's certainly been happier since I've been brewing outside. Scheduling kitchen time was a hassle when I was brewing kits.

Back