Sunshine Coast - Lcpa & Scb Bitter Ale On Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersom

Reaction score
Just a quick notice to Sunshine Coast based AHBer's,
Pig and Whistle in Maroochydore have put SCB Bitter Ale on tap and while I was dropping the kegs off I noticed that they now have Little Creatures Pale Ale on tap as well. I believe that makes them the first up this way to do so.
2 craft beers on tap at the one pub!!!!
Things are looking good on the sunny coast! :party:

Pig and Whistle in Maroochydore have put SCB Bitter Ale on tap and while I was dropping the kegs off I noticed that they now have Little Creatures Pale Ale on tap as well. I believe that makes them the first up this way to do so.

You're spreading like a rash, good on ya.

Great News

bravo-009.gif
respect-067.gif

And more: King Ludwigs Bavarian Restaurant at Melany now has a selection of over 35 beers. Among them A great selection of German and Belgian beers, including two of my favorites Schneider Aventinus Doppelbock, and Schlenkerla Rauchbier.

King Ludwigs is on my "to dine at" list. I have heard that the food is good and the beer selection not too shabby either (someone else also mentioned that they had Belgians as well). I was thinking of going there on saturday night but the Duporth is currently serving MSA graded lamb ...... drool.....

I should also have mentioned that there is a beer tasting of about 15 - 20 aussie and imports at 4th Floor Restaurant at Mooloolaba on sat. Incuding the Bridge Rd Saison :super:

Interest in real beer is definitly rising on the Coast.

King Ludwigs is on my "to dine at" list. I have heard that the food is good and the beer selection not too shabby either (someone else also mentioned that they had Belgians as well). I was thinking of going there on saturday night but the Duporth is currently serving MSA graded lamb ...... drool.....

I should also have mentioned that there is a beer tasting of about 15 - 20 aussie and imports at 4th Floor Restaurant at Mooloolaba on sat. Incuding the Bridge Rd Saison :super:

Hold back on KL's there are plans afoot. What time Sat?

Screwy

3pm ish.
Do you know much about the french restaurant up near Montville? I hear the food is good but was wondering if they stock any french/belgian brews ( kronenbourg/stella doesn't count ). If they don't I was going to try and point them in the direction of some distributors .

Hey there beersom

As a regular visitor to King Ludwigs I can say that Barbra and Klause serve great food and about 30 odd german beers served in the corect glass plus a good stock of Belgians so 750 of Duvel works a treat , my fav is the Erdinger Dunkle :party:

Cheers Monkale

3pm ish.
Do you know much about the french restaurant up near Montville? I hear the food is good but was wondering if they stock any french/belgian brews ( kronenbourg/stella doesn't count ). If they don't I was going to try and point them in the direction of some distributors .

Was owned by Christian Laques, he sold it about 2002 and moved to the coast where he opened La Parasol, didn't carry many beers at either place. Unsure what the new owners stock.

Hey Monkale don't ya love the big Erdinger Glasses. Klaus and Barbara even have gift packs for sale in the Gallery, an imported beer with coasters and correct serving glass $20.00

Was owned by Christian Laques, he sold it about 2002 and moved to the coast where he opened La Parasol, didn't carry many beers at either place. Unsure what the new owners stock.

Hey Monkale don't ya love the big Erdinger Glasses. Klaus and Barbara even have gift packs for sale in the Gallery, an imported beer with coasters and correct serving glass $20.00

Hey Screwy long time no see old son we will have to catch up soon and have a few :party: I now have a great german beer glass collection thanks to Klaus and Barbara that lady knows her beers last time I left with a case of the Erdinger Dunkel sold it to me at cost good girl, have you had the Schneider Aventinus Ice Bock the doppelbocks big brother about 12.5 % very nice

Cheers Monkale

I can feel a trip north coming up B) :party:

cheers Ross

Seems incredible I know

Ian and I have been working on something,and I believe when the reno's at the Kin Kin pub are complete...................they will be a Sunshine Coast beer on tap! Be around 6-7 weeks :super:

OK so where's the banjo's city slickers :p

Batz

Seems incredible I know

Ian and I have been working on something,and I believe when the reno's at the Kin Kin pub are complete...................they will be a Sunshine Coast beer on tap! Be around 6-7 weeks :super:

OK so where's the banjo's city slickers :p

Batz

Da da lum dum dum dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum. Great news! This means you could be living in a Yuppy town soon Batz, no more banjo's, just the 4 legged variety.

Hey Screwy long time no see old son we will have to catch up soon and have a few I now have a great german beer glass collection thanks to Klaus and Barbara that lady knows her beers last time I left with a case of the Erdinger Dunkel sold it to me at cost good girl, have you had the Schneider Aventinus Ice Bock the doppelbocks big brother about 12.5 % very nice

Cheers Monkale

Bugger the eisbock slipped under the radar, had three there a while ago, Oktoberfest, Rauch and for dessert Aventinus Doppelbock, didn't need the leg blanket those warmed me up considerably. Yeah, the proud owner of a few glasses after my visit too.

Ross said:
I can feel a trip north coming up

cheers Ross

Your very welcome, the most fantastic views over the Glasshouse Mountains Ross. Barbera looks after guests, should you choose to sit outside on the deck to take in the view she supplies leg blankets and a nice little Peach Schnapps.

Screwy

Hey Screwy long time no see old son we will have to catch up soon and have a few :party: I now have a great german beer glass collection thanks to Klaus and Barbara that lady knows her beers last time I left with a case of the Erdinger Dunkel sold it to me at cost good girl, have you had the Schneider Aventinus Ice Bock the doppelbocks big brother about 12.5 % very nice

Cheers Monkale

Hey mate, you're all sorted for the swap? :beerbang:

InCider.

Back