Sunshine Coast Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these guys open tomorrow? Saturday? I am up that way and wouldn't mind dropping in to do some beery research ;)

Managed to get there with no troubles. We used a GPS and then made it up a little.

It was great to chat to Greg and taste all the beers they had on tap. Best by far was the Rye ESB. What a surprise. Was blown away by this beer and even more so to hear it was 12 months old. Still going strong. Quizzed Greg on the hops and grain bill but it was so long ago he couldn't remember! The ESB was closely followed by the Dark Lager, which was also brilliant.

The Ginger Beer (Ginger Kegs, I think) was the best commercial alcoholic GB I have had.

I must congratulate the team at SCB for a great line up. Definintely worth a look in if you are in the area.

Edit: Hey Chappo, they are open on Saturdays, I think, from 11am-6pm. If you call the brewery they can send you a list of beers they have there atm.

I jst found out about this brewery, and I happen to be staying in Noosa, so I'm going for a drive.... Right Now!

I jst found out about this brewery, and I happen to be staying in Noosa, so I'm going for a drive.... Right Now!

Well, I'm back, and I can say that all of the beers were very nice! Picked up a few bottles of everyhing he had. Drinking a Grapefruit, lime Ginger beer.

Been too long since I've been here too. Do they still have that lovely rauchbeir?

Do they have a 'cellar door' open business hours? I'm going up to the Coast next Wed to see Tidal Pete and might swing round that way.

Hey all!

Good news for us living (and those visiting) the Sunshine Coast. This from their website ---->

After operating for nearly 13 years out of its Kunda Park brewing premises, The Sunshine Coast Brewery is excited to announce that next month it is taking its beers to the beach! We are taking over the very well-known Key Bar and Restaurant in Maroochydore and will be showcasing our full range of beers as well as a selection of other Australian-made and imported craft beers.

The interest in beer will not be restricted to our beverages menu. Instead, the restaurant will be beer-focused offering a menu that not only uses beer as an ingredient but which also suggests the beers to enjoy with selected dishes. Our menu choices will range from individual main courses to items designed for sharing as well as desserts, remembering that there are beers suited to every course! It is high time that beer enjoys its place on the table where patrons can marvel at the versatility of this wholesome drink.

The bar is ideally located to service both local patrons and tourists being situated at the junction of Maroochydore Rd and Horton Parade. Its proximity to the Sunshine Plaza and the adjacent bus terminal means that patrons can avail themselves of public transport a service that unfortunately has not been possible at our Kunda Park site.
As this is walking distance for me, I'm really looking forward to it :party: .

Bugger! Work just moved from Evans / School Road Maroochydore to The Edge Kawana waters.. <_< VB on tap at the Kawana Bowlsy anyone?

Hey all!

Good news for us living (and those visiting) the Sunshine Coast. This from their website ---->

As this is walking distance for me, I'm really looking forward to it :party: .

hurrah!
This sounds great.

Yes, Greg's been on about this for a while ... glad to hear it's going to happen!

Bugger! Work just moved from Evans / School Road Maroochydore to The Edge Kawana waters.. <_< VB on tap at the Kawana Bowlsy anyone?

You'll be right mate, its probably made from beer.
(via the piss-a-phone)

Called there today not open yet.

This can only be a good thing as you will be able to collect me, drive me there, pay for my beers & then get back to work after lunch hour is over whilst I have a couple more (at your expense of course) before picking up the next bus home. :lol: How good is that! :super:

TP

This can only be a good thing as you will be able to collect me, drive me there, pay for my beers & then get back to work after lunch hour is over whilst I have a couple more (at your expense of course) before picking up the next bus home. :lol: How good is that! :super:

TP

That sounds like an excellent idea TP - get your helmet ready and I think InCider owes you a couple... at least!

Latest posts

Back