Sunshine Coast Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

I'm o the Sunshine Coast for a day or two and want to have a look at the Sunny Coast Brewery.

I've got the address and know where it is, but can't find much else.

Is there a website?
Are they open over the weekend?
Is there more on offer than the ginger and chilli beers?
Do they take care of AHBers? ;)

Any details/links appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

hey hey - my 300th post!

Hey Kevo! :D

The Sunshine Coast Brewery

13 Endeavour Drive
Kunda Park Qld 4556
Ph: (07) 5476 6666
Fax (07) 5476 6667
ABN: 57 510 061 449

Sorry,
Our website is currently under construction.
In the meantime please direct your enquiries regarding our craft beers to our e-mail address: [email protected]
or phone us on (07) 5476 6666.

http://www.sunshinecoastbrewery.com/

Call the owner Greg and let him know you are coming, he's a good bloke. The brewery is on the up and up, brewer Scott had some great new brews when I was there a few months ago.

Screwy

...thanks Screwy & Ian...Ian, can't wait to see your brew rig & have a go at some MT beer....

... will hope to do a Schwarzbier down the track a little...one o' mine was one of the main reasons Greg offered me a job i think.... will have a Munich Dunkel , Witbier & Dunkelweizen on the bar in the next couple of weeks...the Dunkel is based on a recipe of mine called "Dirty Deeds" where i was trying to build a beer based entirely on the colour of Angus Youngs 1964 Gibson SG....nailed the colour and the beer scrubbed up alright too..!!!...hooray... Also our new Pacific Pale Ale is on tap now and is drinking very nicely.... The boss tells me Screwy got a preview of that one on his most recent visit...as did Matt Kirkegarde( Beer & Brewer mag, what a top bloke !!) ,who also got to try the Wit & Munchen Dunkel on Thursday....speaking of which, I did a quick interview with Matt for his radio show on 4BC this Sunday nite in case anyone's interested and we will be making an appearance at The Belvedere Hotel at Woody Point on Friday 30th Jan with beers in tow...

...Kevo...dunno if you made it out or not but to you and anyone who reads this are more than welcome to come out and have a beer and a chat...Bar is open Mon- Sat 11.00am onwards...usually pays to ring ahead and let me know if you're headed our way....(07)5476 6666...

...phew...sorry for the long post...

...Cheers, Scott...

Edit...Snowdog, the Rauchbier is Ian/beersoms handywork ...breakfast in a glass...very tasty

.. be making an appearance at The Belvedere Hotel at Woody Point on Friday 30th Jan with beers in tow...

what beers will you have mate? ... word on the street is that the wit is a rather tasty drop.
bought some bottles the other day, love what you have done to the bitter! ....

what beers will you have mate? ... word on the street is that the wit is a rather tasty drop.

Possibly be at the Mt in 3 hrs with a bottle for you Ian. You working today?

...thanks mate...did my best not to mangle your recipe...

... At the Belvedere we'll have the Summer Ale, Best Bitter & hopefully Hefe in bottles and i wanna bring down some samples of the
Pale Ale, Wit and Munich Dunkel in kegs...

My bro lives within dog pooing distance - might be due for a visit - times please :)
(you out of the poo Campbell?)

The Belvedere Hotel at Woody Point on Friday 30th Jan
. Will be up for a few provided last weekend is forgotten, what time Hargie?

...6.30p.m i believe.... will post otherwise if incorrect...it will be a food /beer matching hosted by Darren (?) from The Belvedere featuring a couple of our beers...please contact The Belvedere for bookings / for details, cost etc....hope to see you there...

...Cheers , Scott...

...6.30p.m i believe.... will post otherwise if incorrect...it will be a food /beer matching hosted by Darren (?) from The Belvedere featuring a couple of our beers...please contact The Belvedere for bookings / for details, cost etc....hope to see you there...

...Cheers , Scott...

This thread is about the Sunshine Coast Brewery, right? :huh: :unsure:

Darren??? :rolleyes:

TP :beer:

I'll be hopefully going here tomorrow on the way back to the airport. Will post an update for all who are looking for info online. It seems scarce. Called Greg and he was happy to chat, which is always a better way to get info anyway. Am looking forward to it.

You'll enjoy it, Greg is good value, the beers are good and so is the pub food. Just don't try navigating there using an old street directory <_< (the new main road is aligned differently).

Just don't try navigating there using an old street directory

Yeah - found that out with my dad while driving there months back, not sure where we ended up...

Really enjoyed the visit, Screwy and Greg great to have a chat and beer with. Had my first enjoyable rauchbier (sp?).

Definitely worth a visit.

Kev

Back