Suggestion On Next Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy081969

Reaction score
Just put together my Kegging fridge (see post in other topic) and have one keg full of a Coopers Pale Ale with some Goldings(25g) and some Saaz(25g) hops 500g DME 300g Dex 200g Maltodex, am now wondering what I should brew next, any suggestions

You should brew some beer.

Try brewing some kind of beer you might like to drink. Rob's suggestion is a cracker.

You could try a Morgans Stockmans Draught 1.7kg and 1.5kg of pale liquid malt hop it as you require the yeast to use is English ale or S04, flocks out great and the tast is clean.

It's pretty difficult suggesting anything to the first question - It's a bit like asking how big is a bucket, how high is a building , where should I hang my towel or what book should I borrow from the library?

If you really need help working it out tell us

1. What you like (you've now suggested dark ales and heavier lagers)

2. Whether you're completely KK or extract or specialty grains

More information would help although the answer is still as varied the kinds of materials that are used in buildings.

Brew a stout, a bock, a dubbel, a brown ale, a red ale........

Check the recipe DB and see what looks nice. Check beerrecipes.org and see what looks nice. If you want advice on what to do with one that you've selected or how to translate an all-grain recipe to extract or something along those liines you'll find people are very helpful. Your current question is very vague and has loads of potential answers, none of which are right.

If it's darker bears the 1.7kg Morgans Stockmans Draught 0.5kg liquid malt 1.0kg morgans caramalt hops to your tast and again English ale yeast or S04. You'll love it. Ferment at 18 degrees.

I would go with Morgans Iron Bark Dark or Yukon Brown or Coopers Dark Ale as a base then put your addons into one of those.

Should produce something nice and tasty.

Coopers dark
0.5kg ldm
0.2kg dry wheat malt
25L

ldm and dwm in a couple of litres, bring to boil, 10min styrian ( :icon_drool2: )
toss into fermenter, hops and all...
any decent english yeast@21C (1469 preferred).

Happy Kegger,

I have just opened this after 3 weeks in the bottle and it is bloody brilliant.

Easy and good

1 can Cascade Imperial Voyage Pale Ale

1.3 kg light liquid malt extract

0.3 kg dextrose

0.3 kg maltodextrin (corn syrup)

15 gram Cascade hop pellets, boiled in water for 15 minutes then strained into fermenter.

Just put together my Kegging fridge (see post in other topic) and have one keg full of a Coopers Pale Ale with some Goldings(25g) and some Saaz(25g) hops 500g DME 300g Dex 200g Maltodex, am now wondering what I should brew next, any suggestions

If you are after a dark ale and are up for steeping some spec malts...

1 x Coopers lager (or any other very light coloured, low IBU tin)
1.5 kg tin of malt extract
450g choc malt
50g black malt

If you dont want to play with a good liquid english yeast then go for S-04 or nottingham.

Could also steep some goldings for some aroma.

Was one of my regular winter brews pre-AG.

2 x 1.5kg Morgans Amber Malt
350g carapils steeped in 5L
25g Southern Cross for 60min
25g B Saaz dry
US04 yeast @20C

Yum!

Latest posts

Back