Stringy Bark - Us05

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Racking.

Got my new racking gear and in 2 seconds I had a perfect siphon that continued right to the end and transferred all 34 litres into a second 34 litre glass demijohn. Added about 1.5 litres of water to top up to the neck of the second demijohn and its now ageing away again.

Then I got out my new cleaning wand and attached it to the hose faucet outside and in less than a minute I had a sparkling clean 34 litre glass demijohn. It is so clean it looks brand new! Cleaner than it was in the store when I bought it.

I am so chuffed! - My glass demijohns now clean up faster and easier than my plastic beer fermenters which now take the most amount of work to scrub clean. The wand is heaven sent, anyone and everyone should get one if they work with glass fermenters!

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

First Racking.

Got my new racking gear and in 2 seconds I had a perfect siphon that continued right to the end and transferred all 34 litres into a second 34 litre glass demijohn. Added about 1.5 litres of water to top up to the neck of the second demijohn and its now ageing away again.

Then I got out my new cleaning wand and attached it to the hose faucet outside and in less than a minute I had a sparkling clean 34 litre glass demijohn. It is so clean it looks brand new! Cleaner than it was in the store when I bought it.

I am so chuffed! - My glass demijohns now clean up faster and easier than my plastic beer fermenters which now take the most amount of work to scrub clean. The wand is heaven sent, anyone and everyone should get one if they work with glass fermenters!

Cheers,
Brewer Pete
Pete,

What siphon/racking setup did you get and where from? I am also interested in the cleaning wand as well.

Cheers,

Moovet

Siphon:
http://morebeer.com/search/102287/beerwine...Siphon_Starters

the R550 and R552, just stick on the demijohns and gently blow, couldn't be easier to start and no moving parts to break...

Wand:
http://store.homebrewheaven.com/carboy-wand-p242.aspx

did not get it from here but graphic is animated, just take off the seppo faucet fitting and put on one from Bunnings...

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Cheers Pete. Have ordered the siphon as the one I bought is crap. Haven't successfully used it to siphon anything so far which has been pretty frustrating. That wife pleaser mead should be coming up for racking soon (been 3 weeks) so will wait till the siphon arrives before racking it.

I read you had a thread about where to buy good refractometers cheaply but couldn't find the thread. Could you please pass that on as well?

Cheers,

M

Latest posts

Back