Storing Kegs Of Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eXpeLL

Reaction score
Just want to know what pressure people keep their kegs when at room temperature. Situation is that I've run outa fridge space but don't want to stop brewing. So I've gotta store them at room temp. Is it possible to carb at room temp with high pressures (and if so how high) so when I'm ready to tap it, all I need to do is burp, chill, and set at pouring pressure? Is it worth naturally carbing instead (too late, already in the keg, but for future reference)? If force carbing this way does it condition like bottled stuff (without the priming sugar)? I'm already anticipating answers such as 1) drink faster 2) buy a new bigger fridge 3) stop brewing (as if). I also know that lots of these answers probably exist somewhere on this forum but who the hell can ever find what they're serching for?

Co2 requires cooling to absorb. You need to burp straight after filling keg. Keep your kegs in a cool, temperate place.

Cheers - Mike

2.5 to 3 bar. My system is current set at 2.75 bar.

Co2 requires cooling to absorb. You need to burp straight after filling keg. Keep your kegs in a cool, temperate place.

Cheers - Mike

Burped as I would normally do. Will have the keg in the basement where it is usually 18 - 22 C at this time of year. As I understand CO2 absorption is a function of temp and pressure.

2.5 to 3 bar. My system is current set at 2.75 bar.

Yeah, set mine to 300 kPa (3 bar). We'll see how she goes. Will need to add CO2 from time to time I would imagine as it absorbs.

you can add sugar and do a natural carbination

Back