Bottling after cold crush storing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian1234

Reaction score
I've been brewing FWKs for some time and i'm pressuring brewing. I'm now doing alot of camping and looking at bottling straight from the keg but with limited space in the van fridge i'll have to store the bottles out of the fridge only have a few in there at a time.
Question is will this start the fermenting again and if not will it give my beer a weird taste? i haven't tried yet.

if this has been covered before i apologise in advance.

If your fermentation is complete (I.e 2 gravity readings the same over 24-48 hours - I use 48h) then no issues with bottling from the keg. I don’t pressure ferment, but the same principles should apply.

JD

If your ferment is complete it won't ferment further when you bottle.
I do find that once bottled if you beer varies in temperature that over time it can affect the taste but most likely fine in the short term.
I normally keg my beer & fill a few bottles with the last few litres & I always keep those few bottles refrigerated. I have never had any issues with them.

You can brew under pressure with a pressure high enough to drink, then bottle straight from your fermenter.
Or you can brew, carbonate in a keg, then bottle.
Or you can brew & bottle carbonate (but you will get sediment).

Back