Stolen stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
my $3k mountain bike stolen today, absolutely gutted.

Had it on my lockable roof racks and wrongly assumed this would be enough to secure it.

My suspicion is focused on the methadone clinic 3 doors up from where my car was parked.

Anyone ever recovered stolen gear?

Post some pics of the bike and your location.

You never know, someone on AHB might spot it. At $3k its not your everyday bike.

Hope you get it back.

I've had my house pillaged in canberra before. All of the gear turned up for sale in sydney a month later. Local police said it's fairly common for the pricks to wait until you've replaced everything and stopped looking for it to sell. Was a nightmare sorting out returns. I'd keep an eye online, found my gear becauze I had a gumtree alert for my projector accross eastern states

Go to all the cash converters type joints in the area and report it to the police. I know a few people who have got things back (surfboard and a guitar), but they were extremely proactive and did the above.
Touch wood i havent had anything stolen except for a car stereo (which i replaced with a better stereo!).

I've had my bike stolen from work. Was WALKING to uni a few days later and spotted it in a bike rack on the way (probably 1km from where it was stolen). Hope you have as much luck as me.

Rambo said:
I've had my bike stolen from work. Was WALKING to uni a few days later and spotted it in a bike rack on the way (probably 1km from where it was stolen). Hope you have as much luck as me.
So did you wait behind the bushes for the theif to turn up?

I hope it's recovered and the mongrels who took it get caught.

Topher said:
So did you wait behind the bushes for the theif to turn up?
I'm not that patient. And I looked dodgy enough as it was... Walk past bike rack, walk back and pull out bike not chained up, look over it to make sure it's mine, ride away with a smile on my face.

Yeah notified police, I heard of a guy posting on facebook and someone saw it on gumtree the next day and had it recovered.

It is a black and white trek remedy 8 with a dropper seat and single front chain ring and green pedals.

https://goo.gl/photos/GSyzE3h75QamUzH97

Hopefully I get it back but obviously someone out there has a much shitter life than I do if they need to steal like they did. It was a ballsy (or just really stupid) theft.

Where are you located? I'd keep a keener eye out if you're local.

I feel for you mate. I too had $2500 worth of parts stolen off my Clubsport not to mention the other stuff taken from the boot and glovebox.
Been a few weeks ago now but still as angry as the night I came home to find it had been molested by some scumbag no hope fucktard.

Check gumtree/eBay/local classifieds etc.You never know,may turn up somewhere
Thanks,Rob.

Kingy stolen from cambridge hotel carpark today about 11. Apparently spotted in darby St at 1pm. Will go ask the methadone clinic if they had anyone matching the description in.

2287! I'm in elermore vale...

That sucks Moad. I had a mountain bike I had built up stolen. Really guts you. Didn't do another for years. Good luck.

Yeah, nothing beats that cold punch in the guts feeling of looking at the empty space your hard earned shit once occupied.
My old neighborhood was always getting hammered. Two dirtbikes (one was insured) and a ute toolbox emptied of power tools taught me this is the only way. Sucks balls paying premiums, but a dead loss sucks larger balls.
Hope you find your bike and punch the **** out of the thief. Tis the season.

My brother had an 800 Paris Dakar type bike stolen from his garage (locked up with a chain) about 6 weeks ago. Cops got it but it was a bit beatan up so he sold it and got another one. So sometimes they do turn up...

Latest posts

Back