Stockpile

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Did a dan murphy's run on the weekend for my daughter's 1st party. Was ordered by SWMBO to get some beer for those family members not brave enough to drink my homebrew. Fair enough. :beer: Now the garage looks like a cross between a recycling centre and a corner bottle shop. :super:

Anyway, I did a rough count in my head here at work, and realised I had approximately 14 cases worth of beer. (some of it good, some worth tipping down the drain).

one case of odds and ends
one case of NSW swap beers
one case of belgian strong ale (infected? ready for the drain, depending how each one tastes)
one case of Drunk Monkey Draught (better than the above... but ditto)
about 2 cases of IPA
about 2 cases of Lily's Birthday Brew
half a case of Cascade stout
case of Coopers light
case of Hahn Super Dry
PLUS the stout that's on the fermenter at the moment

How much do you guys usually have stored? how many kegs? how many bottles?

At the moment I have:
Old Spekeld Hen Clone - Ready to brew
Fullers ESB - Ready to brew
Bo Pils - Ready to brew
Belgian Strong - 35 bottles
Germ Pils - 30 Bottles
Duvel Clone - 35 Bottles
Choc Porter - 25 Bottles
Doppelbock - 30 Bottles
Vienna - 10 Bottles
Golden Ale - 15 bottles

So as u can see things are tight and I need to get brewin!

Steve

I store 15 milk crates in my room here at uni (one crate equates roughly to one case) as well as a 15 litre cube cask, I try to ensure I never get below five cases, it happened not long ago and I started to panic! Luckily I'm back up to about eight, which should become eleven before the holidays!

Dave

Did a rough stock take yesterday, and have a total of about 360 stubbies and about 20 longnecks.
These are made up, in varying quantities, of:
Amber Ale
Pale Ale (x5 brews)
Porter (x2 brews)
Stout
Bitter
Pilsner

2x 50lt kegs -blue mtn lager and muntons pilsener
4x 19lt kegs-bavarian lager-aussie pilsener-pale ale and yorkshire bitter
300 longnecks- many differant k&k

I store 15 milk crates in my room here at uni (one crate equates roughly to one case) as well as a 15 litre cube cask, I try to ensure I never get below five cases, it happened not long ago and I started to panic! Luckily I'm back up to about eight, which should become eleven before the holidays!

Dave

Ditto. I have an addiction - I see empty bottles, I want to brew and fill them ! I've got ten milk crates of longnecks and ten boxes of longnecks & stubbies stashed in various places. Got 22l in a cube conditioning and two empty 25l kegs that will be filled in next two weeks. I know I can't possibly drink everything I make but will surely give it a good try !!

Pretty low at the moment:

9 x longnecks of Pale Ale
1 x longkneck of Porter
1 x 1.5L of Porter
9L of Pale Ale in keg
22L of Pilsner Cold conditioning
21L of English bitter about to be kegged
23L of English bitter about to be dumped on yeast cake

so 83L or so. Roughly 10 cases. Better get brewing....

Cheers - Mike

1 x 18L keg of APA (1/2 full)
22L Brown Ale in Secondary
22L ESB in Primary
Probably about 15 longies and 15 stubbies of various kits + AG's

Running low :(

Thinking of getting 2 more kegs so I can fill them

Cheers

Very little stored here... (drink too quick)

3 kegs in fridge (1 about to dry up, the other 2 average about half)
1 keg in cupboard conditioning
3 lonely king browns sitting in the cupboard carbonating

In the move back to Canberra I "again" lost all my bottles so I need to rebuild stocks.

135 longnecks full and another 28 to bottle this arvo, 3 cornys full and a batch in secondary waiting for another keg to arrive from craftbrewer tomorrow.
This is the fullest my stocks have ever been.
And im sick of drinking beer,ive been drinking a lot so i can clear a keg up for the next brew.(thats why i ordered another keg). makes sense tho: 4 kegs now and 2 taps.

ive been drinking way to much so im having a week off. starting today.

nah, might start tomorrow :p

cheers kingy

edit: double batches are the way to build ur stocks up

135 longnecks full and another 28 to bottle this arvo, 3 cornys full and a batch in secondary waiting for another keg to arrive from craftbrewer tomorrow.
This is the fullest my stocks have ever been.
And im sick of drinking beer,ive been drinking a lot so i can clear a keg up for the next brew.(thats why i ordered another keg). makes sense tho: 4 kegs now and 2 taps.

ive been drinking way to much so im having a week off. starting today.

nah, might start tomorrow :p

cheers kingy

edit: double batches are the way to build ur stocks up

"sick of drinking beer" and "ive been drinking way to much"........I think you may need to see a doctor to get you back on track :chug:

9 x corny kegs
2 x 50 litre kegs
60 long necks
1 x 23 litre carboy, full (secondary) waiting for an empty keg.
1 x 30 litre fermenter with 23 litres (primary)

I think I've got enough, for now.

I have about 150L of HB or 232 longnecks. about 44L in two fermentors atm ready to be bottled this weekend.

The bottles are spread across about 10 differant types of brews.

Its never enough. I have at least enough empty bottles for another 44L I recon before Im out and have to wait to drink some. Christ im sick of bottles.

I've got
1 full 22L keg ready atm
1 keg lagering
1 keg ( secondary )

Brewing a hefe this weekend to try the new dry wheat yeast and get stocks up a bit for the RWC next month.

hmm. 126 litres approx. So it looks like I've got a lower than average stockpile.
I thought so!

Got a stack of bottles ready for the next few brews. Sick of bottling, and kegging is not gonna happen sadly.

Funny thing is I did the exact same count in my head this morning!

1 keg Traditional Dark Ale
1 case NSW Xmas in July Swap
1 case Amarillo Bitter
2 case Oktoberfest
2 case German Pilsner
2 case Raspberry Wheat
2 case Belgian Black Ale
2 case Belgian Golden Ale

Good god, when i look at it that way i have way to much stock. Damned FIFO out the window!

Cheers
DK

good thread, not sure how many bottles i have but i always have 8 plastic black boxes from the warehouse usually full in my hallway cupboard (they fit around 24 longnecks each), try to have 4 or 5 different beers drinking and another 3 or 4 in various stages of carbonation/maturation in the bottle and try to have 3-4 23L fermenters in various stages of fermentation/conditioning.
working out well at the moment, my beers get to age in secondary/cold condition for a while longer than normal till i get enough bottles to bottle them. (tu)

-Phill

2 kegs,and about 1100 full tallies some are over a year old but still taste good;will be getting more kegs soon and only keeping about 600 bottles full.

1 keg about half full.
1 keg about 3/4 full.

A few case swap bottles.
A few bottles from the K&K days that I've been too lazy to tip out (you won't catch be drinking them).

JIT brewing is where it's at. And the above will probably last me another month at least.

I've been itching to test out the latest mods to the brewbot, but gotta make room first.

I try to have about 4 kegs in the conditioning fridge and one maybe two in secondary fermenter.

Back