Stocking Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
Just got back home from a wedding. Picked up a little malt while I was there since the malt distributor was only 10 min away. ;)

P6220042.jpg

2 bags of ordinary pale 2 row, 2 bags of Cargill munich, 1 bag of Paul's dark crystal and 1 bag of Dingeman's special B. Anyone want to guess what I paid?

I am tipping that the answer would probably result in a sound beating if someone was close enough... :ph34r:

So I guess we will have to settle for jealousy instead!! :icon_drool2:

brendo

Good guess, $266.55, which included a $10 "small order fee" for purchasing less than 10 bags.

not as cheap as I thought it might be... I just got 4 bags for $190 as part of the bulk buy... so that's OK

Yeah the dark crystal and special B were over $60 each, then the munich @ $40 each and only $25 for the 2 row. Considering that I'd pay $6/kg retail for any of them (pale 2 row included), it's a steal.

$266 Canadian $ is like $294 aussie.. 6 bags for that price still isnt bad. whats that ab out $33 per bag. and factory fresh!

A whole bag of dark crystal plus a whole bag of Special B. :eek:

What are you going to do with those? They'd last me a lifetime. :p

Yeah the dark crystal and special B were over $60 each, then the munich @ $40 each and only $25 for the 2 row. Considering that I'd pay $6/kg retail for any of them (pale 2 row included), it's a steal.
Mate, you got shafted on the munich... they forgot 5 lbs... jk, nice work! we paid ~92 for the Spec B.

A whole bag of dark crystal plus a whole bag of Special B. :eek:

What are you going to do with those? They'd last me a lifetime. :p

And with any luck they'll last for the rest of my life. ;) What I'll probably end up doing is use what I can in 4-5 years then give the rest away.

Very handy being that close to the Maltsters.

More brewing ahoy for newguy! :icon_cheers:

Joe White Maltsters in Tamworth wont sell malt directly to the customer im told unless you want a couple of tonne.... any smaller and your wasting their time.

Joe White Maltsters in Tamworth wont sell malt directly to the customer im told unless you want a couple of tonne.... any smaller and your wasting their time.

mmm, next bulk buy?

QldKev

I'm really lucky in that this particular distributor goes out of their way to serve homebrewers. They certainly don't have to from a dollar standpoint because I'm sure that the homebrewer segment of their total sales is very small. I certainly appreciate the fact that they do. :super:

Back