Steam Mashing Gear. Where?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorg

Reaction score
Found some affordable stuff on the US Mcmaster Carr site, just perfect for the next incarnation of my Steam Mashing setup.
Problem is, they won't deliver to Australia.
So where can I get these over here?
See attached pics of:
Pressure Switch
Pop-Safety relief valve

pop.gif

switch.gif

Don't know were in Oz but why don't you pm one of our brothers in north america ? They may be able to fix you up. newguy is in Canada.

When you say affordable George, how much is that?

I'd probably go in for one with you at the right price. I've also got some contacts in the contig. us we could potentially ask to help us out.

Failing that I'd go asking around boilermakers.

Andy

Found some affordable stuff on the US Mcmaster Carr site, just perfect for the next incarnation of my Steam Mashing setup.
Problem is, they won't deliver to Australia.
So where can I get these over here?
See attached pics of:
Pressure Switch
Pop-Safety relief valve

Picture_199.jpg

Part number 7605960 Hobbs pressure switch $ 56.50 + GST. There are others available.
Part number T 72308 Brass pressure relief valve $ 58.00+GST. Can get et at whatever pressure required.

Aust post Express approx $8-9

Roota

Don't know were in Oz but why don't you pm one of our brothers in north america ? They may be able to fix you up. newguy is in Canada.

I have had success in the past by having the items shipped to a friend in US and they send it on to OZ,

good luck, amita

ummm why not just use Roota? I'll vouch for him. He's a top bloke and he's in Australia (Victoria to be exact).

Roota,

Where can we get a catalog of available gear?

Thanks,

Andy

View attachment 18604

Part number 7605960 Hobbs pressure switch $ 56.50 + GST. There are others available.
Part number T 72308 Brass pressure relief valve $ 58.00+GST. Can get et at whatever pressure required.

Aust post Express approx $8-9

Roota

OK. Looks great mate.
When you say others available and mention part numbers, is there something I can look at with specs? Catalog maybe? You didn't mention your business / further contact info in your post.
Thanks,
Cheers.

When you say affordable George, how much is that?

I'd probably go in for one with you at the right price. I've also got some contacts in the contig. us we could potentially ask to help us out.

Failing that I'd go asking around boilermakers.

Andy

Andy,
The safety valve I sourced was 15psi, and rated for steam, for about $30US
The pressure switch I sourced was also about $30 US and adjustable.
I would use it just under 15psi to turn an element on/off, but not pop the safety valve repeatedly. Being adjustable allows to test the pop valve occasionally, by upping the setting.
It was rated for 10amps from memory, so would allow a powerful element - though I think I'll be using less powerful.
Also sourced a pressure guage for about $10.
One problem with the US gear though, it is not BSP - though 1/2 NPT fits BSP, so adapters would be necessary.

I hope Roota responds, would like to see what he has that would fit the bill.
However, I would be grateful to take advantage of your US friend if necessary.

Cheeers.

Cheers.

just PM him if he doesnt reply on the thread

Roota,

Where can we get a catalog of available gear?

Thanks,

Andy

G,day Andy
Ill put together some more info. The pressure relief's are local supply in Ballarat and set and marked with Kpa and serial number.
I need more time with Hobbs stuff, I'm outa here shortly so Friday 7.00am Im back.

Roota

OK. heres the link www.fdrive.com.au
This is for pressure switches we have. go to products insruments then Hobbs switches
Roota
Hope i got this correct.

OK. Looks great mate.
When you say others available and mention part numbers, is there something I can look at with specs? Catalog maybe? You didn't mention your business / further contact info in your post.
Thanks,
Cheers.

Andy,
The safety valve I sourced was 15psi, and rated for steam, for about $30US
The pressure switch I sourced was also about $30 US and adjustable.
I would use it just under 15psi to turn an element on/off, but not pop the safety valve repeatedly. Being adjustable allows to test the pop valve occasionally, by upping the setting.
It was rated for 10amps from memory, so would allow a powerful element - though I think I'll be using less powerful.
Also sourced a pressure guage for about $10.
One problem with the US gear though, it is not BSP - though 1/2 NPT fits BSP, so adapters would be necessary.

I hope Roota responds, would like to see what he has that would fit the bill.
However, I would be grateful to take advantage of your US friend if necessary.

Cheeers.

Cheers.

Not sure if I,m allowed to mention Business on this site. ??? Help me out here please.
Back 7.00am in the morn
Roota

Not sure if I,m allowed to mention Business on this site. ??? Help me out here please.
Back 7.00am in the morn
Roota

Hi Roota,

No problem advertising your business here, you'll just end up with the dubious honour of being tagged "Retailer" B)

cheers Ross

Hi Roota,

No problem advertising your business here, you'll just end up with the dubious honour of being tagged "Retailer" B)

cheers Ross
G,day Ross
Thanks . Hope it doesn,t get too intense. I only work here, if you can call it that.
Roota

G,day Ross
Thanks . Hope it doesn,t get too intense. I only work here, if you can call it that.
Roota

Thanks Roota!

George, what are you using as a steam valve?

Andy

Latest posts

Back