Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After spending a quality afternoon at the back table with a beer, some tools and a dremel I came up with this...

Inside:
IMG_0050.JPG
Front:
IMG_0617.JPG
Back:
IMG_0616.JPG

Need a little more practice with the dremel, but the STC-1000 is working as advertised.

Now I need to make some beer to put in the newly commissioned fermenting fridge :D

If anyone wants their STC1000 tested and tagged and is willing to drive to Dandenong Vic, PM me and I can get our test and tag guy at work to do it for you. We have the proper equipment that prints out the tag etc.

It will cost you the measly some of 2 stubbies of HB.

After spending a quality afternoon at the back table with a beer, some tools and a dremel I came up with this...

Inside:
View attachment 51830
Front:
View attachment 51832
Back:
View attachment 51831

Need a little more practice with the dremel, but the STC-1000 is working as advertised.

Now I need to make some beer to put in the newly commissioned fermenting fridge :D

Nice work, very tidy!

If I knew what I was doing back in the day my Fridgemate boxes would look like that.... instead they look like a birds nest. ;)

Cheers

Hey guys,

I have just wired up my 2nd STC exactly like I did my first yet when I turn it on it is giving me the "EE" message and alarm. Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? I'm guessing it is something to do with the sensor as I can change all of the variables, but the default screen shows EE.

Advice appreciated.

Mut

Hey guys,

I have just wired up my 2nd STC exactly like I did my first yet when I turn it on it is giving me the "EE" message and alarm. Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? I'm guessing it is something to do with the sensor as I can change all of the variables, but the default screen shows EE.

Advice appreciated.

Mut

Have you read the manual that should come with it?
http://mashmaster.com.au/UserFiles/2321-Fi...le/brewmate.pdf

EE - sensor open circuit or short circuit

QldKev

Have just ordered one of these and am looking to use it to run my Keezer.
I will be running the freezer and the fan, am I best to wire up a double power outlet to it, or just a single and then add a double adapter.
Also, has one rigged the fan up to a seperate socket and had it so it can run on cool or on all the time?
Just looking at my options.
Cheers
Robbo

Just a real quick question

Ive just had the STC1000 sitting inside a jiffy box since I got it, but want to mount it on the front for safety reasons (so im not playing around with the STC close to the wires and whatnot.... i know, i shouldve got around to this a very long time ago)

Just wondering what is the best way of cutting a hole (re: rectangle) out of the plastic jiffy box to mount the STC in?

Sponge

I used a dremel but if you don't have one you can just drill a hole in one of the corners and use a small saw blade to cut out the rectangle.

Failing that you can mount it so it sits on the top edge of the jiffy box side, that way you can just saw the 2 sides straight down from the top edge and cut out between the 2 vertical cuts, sit the stc in the gap and the lid will hold it in place along the top edge.

Hope that makes sense.

Have just ordered one of these and am looking to use it to run my Keezer.
I will be running the freezer and the fan, am I best to wire up a double power outlet to it, or just a single and then add a double adapter.
Also, has one rigged the fan up to a seperate socket and had it so it can run on cool or on all the time?
Just looking at my options.
Cheers
Robbo

best to have the fan running all the time, not only when the freezer cycles on

i have a larger jiffy box that also houses a 240v AC to 12v DC tranformer that powers my fan, with its own on/off switch (dont know why i bothered with a switch as i have never switched it off)

If anyone on the north side of Brissy (Wavell Hts) needs a sparky to look at any wiring issues I am available (My rates are reasonable) :p

Hey Mutthead,
I had the same problem.Everything looked ok BUT.I had one probe wire in the heater contact,{I only use the cold one},The contacts are very close together,.
LOOK CLOSELY.

Just wondering what is the best way of cutting a hole (re: rectangle) out of the plastic jiffy box to mount the STC in?

Dremel if you have one for sure. I don't and used a jigsaw with a blade designed for cutting timber, and it works a treat (After drilling a starting hole first). Jigsaw blades for cutting metal tend to melt the plastic rather than cut it I have found (from experience of building 6 or so of these).

My first 2 I used a drill and a file.... *yawn* it was a long process and a real PITA. I then bought a Dremel from Jaycar for about $35 to use on the 3rd one and it was money well spent imo :icon_chickcheers:

Seems like the general consensus is to use a dremel.

Time to spend some hard earned cash monies.

Cheers for the replies,

Sponge

Sponge - late option - Drilling holes close together within a pre-drawn circle, and then slot in a sanding drill bit on your drill to neaten things up and the job was done in under an hour. I have a smaller volt wood working drill, but you can buy the bits for any size.

Don't know what a dremel costs, but I am betting its more than a drill bit! A small point sanding drill bit is the go to get some nice smooth edges quickly.

I have a dremel, but i've had two of the cutting disks explode now, I don't fancy loosing an eye so the disks are firmly in the bin never to be used again. Just my opinion; but I'll stick to the 'right' tool for the job, for the next one I need to build :) Jigsaw, hacksaw or something along those lines for me :)

Don't know what a dremel costs, but I am betting its more than a drill bit! A small point sanding drill bit is the go to get some nice smooth edges quickly.
$30 from Jaycar and they come with multiple drill bits and lots of other bits.

I have a dremel, but i've had two of the cutting disks explode now, I don't fancy loosing an eye so the disks are firmly in the bin never to be used again. Just my opinion; but I'll stick to the 'right' tool for the job, for the next one I need to build :) Jigsaw, hacksaw or something along those lines for me :)

I don't know what type of disks you were using but I used a SS Saw bit and it went through it like a hot knife through butter. A Dremel is the right tool for the job imo.

A Dremel is the right tool for the job imo.

I used a jigsaw.

used both, I rekon you can get a cleaner finish faster with a dremmel type thingy, I got one of those cheapo ozito jobbies and is awesome for the job.

used it on kegs when drilling holes to buff them clean... m ulti purpose makes it a win for me.

+1 for the dremmel

Yob

Latest posts

Back