Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what type of disks you were using but I used a SS Saw bit and it went through it like a hot knife through butter. A Dremel is the right tool for the job imo.

Ironic, isn't it :) I think you're probably right, the disks I have are very fine cut off wheels, probably not made to cut plastic :) Honestly not sure what they're designed for, they were really slow cutting the plastic, but given the huge array of Dremel bits available there is probably one that is the right tool for the job, like you used :)

So, with the right bit, the Dremel should do a good job :)

Ironic, isn't it :) I think you're probably right, the disks I have are very fine cut off wheels, probably not made to cut plastic :) Honestly not sure what they're designed for, they were really slow cutting the plastic, but given the huge array of Dremel bits available there is probably one that is the right tool for the job, like you used :)

So, with the right bit, the Dremel should do a good job :)
Are you talking about the black jiffy boxes?

You can get a disc specifically for cutting Plastic with the Dremel, they work a treat. Dont think I could live without my Dremel now that I have one.

:icon_offtopic: I use safety glasses when I use any power tool as an eye injury is the last thing I want when I'm stuffing around in the shed!

I've always had best results with the plastic boxes using a hot 'Stanley' knife blade in a metal knife.
Harry

I have had a bit of a look, I would have to take apart a fair amount of the fridge to disconnect the display. I would rather just wire in the STC to the compressor if possible. But it will be my back up option.

clearly you want to .. i'm guessing its wires are easy to get to.. and the others are hidden.

the simple answer is .. yes you can run the compressor directly from the STC.

Hi Guys i wired up a STC-1000 controller yesterday everything tested good last night i connected the ST1000 to the fridge set the temp to 4c and went to bed , but in the morning the controller seems to have reverted back to default settings. my question is should the stc1000 retain the settings after a power fail.

cheers

Hi Guys i wired up a STC-1000 controller yesterday everything tested good last night i connected the ST1000 to the fridge set the temp to 4c and went to bed , but in the morning the controller seems to have reverted back to default settings. my question is should the stc1000 retain the settings after a power fail.

cheers

It should remember the settings. Just remember to press the on/off button once you have set your F1 and F2 settings to activate the new settings.

Cool, don't think i had pressed power button in properly was also drunk at the time.

cheers

Cool, don't think i had pressed power button in properly was also drunk at the time.

cheers
I think the majority of us here could be accused of that. Including me at the moment.

There really should be a law against a Sunday arvo of V8 Supercars, Cricket and a kegerator!

cheers

I know this from experience. I generally learn to do things by learning the 100 ways not to do it first!

Thanks guys for the tip on this very inexpensive controller.
I ordered one immediately.
Now I have to check the links provided here so I know how to wire it to my fridge.
I am aiming to control fermentation temperatures so now I need (another!!) cheap fridge.
Living on Queensland's Gold Coast the problem is mostly keeping temperatures down.
I use Coopers & Morgans kits mostly,& I have to say their yeasts are robust, they never fail to start, they can withstand thermal shock, & seem to make quite reasonable beer even when fermentation temperature is 25+.
But I am hoping to see an improvement with the temp maybe 4 or 5 deg lower.
On balance would anyone care to suggest a more suitable but reliable yeast for use at fermentation temps of say 20 Deg?
Thanks.

Thanks guys for the tip on this very inexpensive controller.
I ordered one immediately.
Now I have to check the links provided here so I know how to wire it to my fridge.
I am aiming to control fermentation temperatures so now I need (another!!) cheap fridge.
Living on Queensland's Gold Coast the problem is mostly keeping temperatures down.
I use Coopers & Morgans kits mostly,& I have to say their yeasts are robust, they never fail to start, they can withstand thermal shock, & seem to make quite reasonable beer even when fermentation temperature is 25+.
But I am hoping to see an improvement with the temp maybe 4 or 5 deg lower.
On balance would anyone care to suggest a more suitable but reliable yeast for use at fermentation temps of say 20 Deg?
Thanks.

Check the yeasts provided by the sponsers above and search this site. I use liquid wyeasts to suit the style and reculture.

Perhaps for you a $5 pack of safale 04 or 05 would be sufficient. You'll get a much cleaner profile in your beer, especially at 18-20C.

Bowie

004.JPG

006.JPG

I followed a link from this site that lead me to an ebay page for the STC-1000. I ordered and took over a month to arrive. This is what I got. It's a Willhi model number WH1076C.

Can I still use it? They've ticked the 220V input which I'm guessing will be ok, but I wasn't sent an STC-1000.

Hey Bowie,

I have seen these ones, and as far as I can remember the biggest point of difference (and probably most important) is that these are only rated to 5 amp, whereas the STC-1000 are good up to 10amp. Just check the specs to make sure the amp rating is what you need it to be.

IMHO if you bought the STC-1000, and they sent you the wrong one, send it back!

View attachment 54606

View attachment 54605

I followed a link from this site that lead me to an ebay page for the STC-1000. I ordered and took over a month to arrive. This is what I got. It's a Willhi model number WH1076C.

Can I still use it? They've ticked the 220V input which I'm guessing will be ok, but I wasn't sent an STC-1000.

I believe it could be a single channel controller as well(ie. cant do heat and chill at the same time.)

A work mate ordered something similar (Model WH7016C) for another application which looks to have the same terminals on the rear.

I'd be requesting they send you the correct one. If you ordered from China generally they will tell you to keep the unit and will send you the correct one as its not worth the return postage.

Also, the wiring diagram is pretty blurry, but does it only have a single switching relay? The STC-1000 has 2 separate relays, meaning that it can have a cooling and a heating outlet connected. This only has one, so I assume that it can only be set to cool OR heat, not both?

Edit: Beaten by Frothie

Can you take a clearer picture?

if its 10A and has both a heating and cooling relay, then its pretty much the same thing

STC-1000 just seems to be a particular branding of an OEM controller. My controller is not branded STC-1000 but is as far as I can tell, exactly the same thing.

wiring_temp_contoller_001.JPG

Says 5 Amps and 220V input.

Not sure I understand why I want heating and cooling if I can just set the temp to what I need, ie. if I just want to run the fridge at 18C and drop it down for crash chilling when I need to, do I really need to return the product?

The wiring diagram above I found when searching "willhi" on this site.

I would be contacting the supplier.

That one is rated to 5amps, and only has 1 relay which is a manual switch between heat and cool mode.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back