Stainless Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep these look like a go-er, put me down for one with handles when available too :beer:

AndrewQLD said:
They sell them with handles individually in NZ, probably sent over all their initial samples from china
and dumped them here in Australia to get rid of them.
I too will wait until imake release them here with handles, not much use without handles to lug them around with.
Yes, I recently downsized my brewery due to my personal lifting constraints (read bad back) and I cant see me struggling with something without handles although I would run with one immediately if it fitted into a milk crate :ph34r: as they are reasonably light in weight.

MastersBrewery said:
Just to put it out there a 50L keg new from keg king will set you back $120 it has handles in built, soak with pbw, or sodium perk, star san and your done for cleaning, add $20 for the dip tube fitting, you then have the option of pressure fermenting
Yeah, and it'll only add another 11.7kg to the lift. Bargain. :super:

dicko said:
Yes, I recently downsized my brewery due to my personal lifting constraints (read bad back) and I cant see me struggling with something without handles although I would run with one immediately if it fitted into a milk crate :ph34r: as they are reasonably light in weight.
Dicko, pics of the carry harness are up on the website now.

TheWiggman said:
I don't like reading through this thread, it's making me feel like I need one.
I know what you mean. Must not read this thread later tonight after a few beers and a looser grip on the credit card.

I have removed posts which are an infringement of AHB rules relating to Retailer Threads

Refer rule 9

9. Retailers and members are not permitted to post in other retail threads offering items at a cheaper cost, or questioning the competitors products/pricing or redirecting to other retail threads. Posts of this nature will be deleted.

HBHB said:
It's already been released in the starter kits Dicko. I 'd say it'll take a while to filter through for the individual units.
Hi Martin, are you saying that the starter kits that you have in stock already have the new fermenter with handles?

If so then I don't need thaaat much more convincing to pull the trigger on one of those. only $40 more than the fermenter without handles itself and includes a few goodies that I always wanted like a syphon, also what looks like a really short hydrometer (is that right?), plus a MJ craft series kit that sells for $40. Might as well put that kit to the test and see if they're good enough to give up AG. :ph34r:

Florian said:
Hi Martin, are you saying that the starter kits that you have in stock already have the new fermenter with handles?

If so then I don't need thaaat much more convincing to pull the trigger on one of those. only $40 more than the fermenter without handles itself and includes a few goodies that I always wanted like a syphon, also what looks like a really short hydrometer (is that right?), plus a MJ craft series kit that sells for $40. Might as well put that kit to the test and see if they're good enough to give up AG. :ph34r:
Correct Florian

I have just kegged my 3rd [Maybe 4th keg from these - obviously the beer is getting better ;) ]

Again, I agree with Screwy 181% - when you clean them there is NO smell, which is a little weird as over the years you get used to the plastic FV smell...

I just kegged a WLP001 I pitched on a half cake and it pushed the Glad wrap in to a mushroom but didn't spill too much - anyway, I literally pulled out the pressure cleaner and power cleaned the ring hole out of it - awesome. The open top is great.

Had a smell - Hmm, nothing, absolutely NOTHING...

I will say again, crash chilling in SS for more than 2 days, and Dave from GBHB confirmed as he ferments in a 50L SS keg sometimes... When you crash chill in SS - the yeast drops like Yob at a park toilet OR like a YoYo heading to a walk the cradle.... anyway, It drops HARD.

I scraped up some yeast cake to re-pitch and it seriously, it was like ice cream. Clearer beer than filtering.

Anyway, carry on.

Cheers

I have re-read my own post and cant understand it - you can thank We5ty's black IPA for that one! LOL!

Cleans well, yeast drops amazingly when CC'ing - is about what I should have said!

hehe. Cheers MB!

Cocko said:
I have just kegged my 3rd [Maybe 4th keg from these - obviously the beer is getting better ;) ]

Again, I agree with Screwy 181% - when you clean them there is NO smell, which is a little weird as over the years you get used to the plastic FV smell...

I just kegged a WLP001 I pitched on a half cake and it pushed the Glad wrap in to a mushroom but didn't spill too much - anyway, I literally pulled out the pressure cleaner and power cleaned the ring hole out of it - awesome. The open top is great.

Had a smell - Hmm, nothing, absolutely NOTHING...

I will say again, crash chilling in SS for more than 2 days, and Dave from GBHB confirmed as he ferments in a 50L SS keg sometimes... When you crash chill in SS - the yeast drops like Yob at a park toilet OR like a YoYo heading to a walk the cradle.... anyway, It drops HARD.

I scraped up some yeast cake to re-pitch and it seriously, it was like ice cream. Clearer beer than filtering.

Anyway, carry on.

Cheers
I concur, ringhole :D

Screwy

Why are some brewers modifying the tap? What's the problem with the one supplied?

Batz

Back