Spur Of The Moment Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paterson2929

Reaction score
In mid November I am having a party and required a batch of beer to be made.
Due to the fact that most people coming are crap and like drinking shite Aussie megaswill,
and are scared of Homebrew
I decided to make a slightly malty easy drinkin lager (so I could enjoy)
2 minutes prior to milling I came up with the recipe

3.7 Kg Pilsner malt
1kg Munich malt
300g Caramunich malt

17g Magnum @ 60
20g Mt Hood @ 20
20g Mt Hood @ 2
for a 24 litre batch.

OG came to 1050 which was spot on, I reused W34/70 slurry from a previous brew.
It can be fun making beer on the edge !
What does everyone else think ?
;)

Looks pretty good to me. Simple and effective.

Looks like a fine easy drinking house beer.

Post back after the party and let us know how the punters enjoy it.

Pato I was just going through a few old posts and was wondering how this beer was received by your mates? I think having a few bottles of a brew like this in the fridge could be handy to have over the festive season.

Thought about this after I posted. Does any body have any recipes that they keep in the fridge for the average Joe during the holidays? I have started keeping a few cans of Bourbon and Coke in the fridge because I know I will never be tempted to drink them and as SWMBO constantly points out "Not every body likes beer as much as you".

SWMBO constantly points out "Not every body likes beer as much as you".
Yeah but they should!! might be an idea to start an Avg Joe Beer thread. House Ales might fall into the same category. So far this is the only beer that every avg joe has liked of mine. all the other have had 1 person or more not like it.

Modified cerveza
1 Cerveza can,
350g Dex,
250g LDME, (I should have used 100g Carapils or wheat extract instead of 100g of LDME),
5g Glacier hops @20,
10g Glacier hops @15,
10g Glacier @10,
20g Glacier @ flameout,
2 x saflager
10-12C for 3 weeks, then chill as cold as I can for another 2 weeks.
22L, 4.2% before bottling

any avg joe should like AG brew. bloody philistines.

Pato I was just going through a few old posts and was wondering how this beer was received by your mates? I think having a few bottles of a brew like this in the fridge could be handy to have over the festive season.
Just realized someone had look at this post, the beer came out great, quite amber in colour and nicely malty.
No one complained about it anyway. I definetly recommend this for chugging.
Pato

Back