Splitting a batch, fermenting half and cubing the other

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maldridge

Reaction score
So I'm making a Landlord tomorrow and I've got a question regarding the no-chill method.

I'm making a 40L batch, and my plan is to ferment 23L with the recommended yeast, and then transfer the remaining 17L into my cube to no-chill and ferment at a later date (maybe a week or two later).

So as per the usual no-chill method (which I've never done before), I'll be transferring the hot wort into the cube after flame out, and then for the remaining wort go about my usual chilling (immersion chiller) method, whirlpooling and fermenting.

Because I'm only no-chilling half the batch, will I need to add hops to the cube do you think? Perhaps one week in (If I'm hanging onto it for 2 weeks)? Or is there another recommended method for this. Perhaps it won't need anything extra added at all?

I'll also be fermenting the cubed version with different yeast for a comparison.

Thanks for the help!

Not if you have added to the boil...

Im currently only adding a Bittering addition in the boil and then doing cube additions so I can get different beers from the cubes.

It will be a good comparison between chilled and no chilled if you change nothing (well except the planned yeast)

:icon_cheers:

DON'T open the cube until you're ready to ferment!

It turned into a big puffy ball, nearly coated my friends carpet in semi-fermented beer.

Latest posts

Back