Spiegelau Glassware Purchase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerguide

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Over at my own website I am currently trying to arrange a bulk purchase of Spiegelau glassware for anyone interested and I thought some of you guys/gals might be keen also based on threads I've read on here before about glassware.

If anyone is interested can you please reply here so I know who has replied from where :)
My goal is simply to provide the glassware to everyone seeing as you can only purchase it in masterpaks (which is basically designed for the pub/bar, catering and restaurant industry) or fairly expensive two packs.

The glassware can be seen on Everton's page and they also have the typical retail value ($39.95 for 2 glasses) on that site also.

I am phoning them today to discuss this further and try to get a more accurate price, but at this stage depending on the number we purchase they are going to be around 40-50% off RRP.

At this stage it is all only airy fairy which prices and numbers so I can't give you guys a more accurate price guestimate than that at this stage sorry, but once I can I'll update you then.

Descriptions:

Lager Glass
510ml capacity
'Wheat' Glass
700ml capacity
Pilsener Glass
450ml capacity

Brochure can be viewed here: http://www.spiegelau.com/downloads/2307_Le...lassics_low.pdf

All glasses are dishwasher safe.

I've also had some people currently involved in the bulk buy in an offline manner (ie: haven't replied on my site) who are splitting the 2 packs and only getting one glass each, so you might like to keep that in mind also.

Cheers,
Zoddy

ozpowell: 6 x Pilsner

pilsner and the wheat glass look exactly the same....

also i thought wheat glass's were meant to be talla and thin?

Hi Everyone,

Over at my own website I am currently trying to arrange a bulk purchase of Spiegelau glassware for anyone interested and I thought some of you guys/gals might be keen also based on threads I've read on here before about glassware.

If anyone is interested can you please reply here so I know who has replied from where :)
My goal is simply to provide the glassware to everyone seeing as you can only purchase it in masterpaks (which is basically designed for the pub/bar, catering and restaurant industry) or fairly expensive two packs.

The glassware can be seen on Everton's page and they also have the typical retail value ($39.95 for 2 glasses) on that site also.

I am phoning them today to discuss this further and try to get a more accurate price, but at this stage depending on the number we purchase they are going to be around 40-50% off RRP.

At this stage it is all only airy fairy which prices and numbers so I can't give you guys a more accurate price guestimate than that at this stage sorry, but once I can I'll update you then.

Descriptions:

Lager Glass
510ml capacity
Pilsener Glass
450ml capacity
'Wheat' Glass
700ml capacity

All glasses are dishwasher safe.

I've also had some people currently involved in the bulk buy in an offline manner (ie: haven't replied on my site) who are splitting the 2 packs and only getting one glass each, so you might like to keep that in mind also.

Cheers,
Zoddy
Hey Zoddy,

I'd be interested in 6 of the 450ml Pilsener glasses. BTW - it seems the Everton's site has the wrong picture for the Wheat glasses.

pilsner and the wheat glass look exactly the same....

also i thought wheat glass's were meant to be talla and thin?
Fents,

Looks like they have the wrong picture for the Wheat glasses. Here's another picture of the three glasses together. I'm guessing the Wheat glasses are the biggest of the 3: link.

Sorry about that Fents, didn't realise myself. I'd seen a smaller picture elsewhere of the three together, then googled them and saw the two on Everton and assumed it was good. Thanks ozpowell for the correct image.

I'll edit the first post with people who have replied and a count of what and how many they are after.

Glasses look good - I'll keep my eyes peeled for the pricing.

Benniee

They sure are might purty though! :icon_drool2:

But yeah bit exxy if you leave one on top of your fridge and open the door like I've done a few times with branded glassware. :(

The stemmed ones would be great for Belgians.

Warren -

looks good, just waiting for pricing

Love the wheat and Pilsner glasses

My apologies for appearing to be slack, but I have had some difficulties managing to talk to the appropriate person on the phone to determine final pricing etc.

The deal on offer is:
All glassware must be purchased by the 'masterpack'. A masterpack is 9 tubes of a single glass type (for example Pilsner glass). A single tube holds 2 glasses. So in effect, 18 glasses of a single type.

The cost of a single masterpack will be $197.00, compared to the RRP of $359.55. Please note this doesn't include any shipping or handling charges at this stage.

In order to cut costs, there would need to be a single delivery point (for example, my office/house) after which they would be seperately packaged and delivered in smaller parcels to everyone. I'm happy to do this for everyone and work out the individual costings for each person.

I've also been advised they are trying to market this by Xmas so the offer of $197 may not be available in two to three weeks as it is a special offer as they have only just launched on the Australian market.

Please let me know if you are interested, what glass type and how many of each glass. Once I have these figures I'll do the maths and work out if there is enough for a masterpack etc.. and report back in here.

Again sorry for the delay, its been a right hassle getting a hold of them as they've been jetsetting around Australia going to trade shows etc..

I would be interested in a couple of each, just confirm the prices first.

The price is $197 for 18 glasses. I'm not sure how much more accurate, or confirmation I can provide?
If you want one glass it works out to around $10.95 I think from memory.

Is this what you're after?

For those who are interested The Chef's Hat opposite the South Melbourne Market had all these glasses when I was there the other day. Didn't think to check the price but from a personal standpoint they looked really nice but the glass quality itself is very thin and fragile looking. Probably prone to chips without the correct amount of care.

Anybody who's keen can ring them to verify the prices.

Here's the details;

Chef's Hat
131 Cecil St,
South Melbourne, VIC 3205
Ph: 03 9682 1441 Fax: 03 9682 8133
Email: [email protected]
www.chefshat.com.au

Warren -

zoddy, I would be interested in 2 of the lager glasses (1 tube).
I am also happy to be the contact for postage to South Australia.
Thanks for organising and I hope you get enough interest.

C&B
TDA

For those who are interested The Chef's Hat opposite the South Melbourne Market had all these glasses when I was there the other day. Didn't think to check the price but from a personal standpoint they looked really nice but the glass quality itself is very thin and fragile looking. Probably prone to chips without the correct amount of care.

Anybody who's keen can ring them to verify the prices.

Here's the details;

Chef's Hat
131 Cecil St,
South Melbourne, VIC 3205
Ph: 03 9682 1441 Fax: 03 9682 8133
Email: [email protected]
www.chefshat.com.au

Warren -

That's a rather unfortunate url really - you'd hope he washed his hands before he went back into the kitchen :ph34r:

Thanks TDA.

I can't edit the original post, count below. I've also put my own count in, plus the others I've got in case people are ummming and aaaahing about it.

TDA: 2 x Lager
Cammy: 2 x Lager, 2 x Wheat, 2 x Pilsner
zoddy: 2 x Lager, 2 x Wheat, 2 x Pilsner
Matt: 4 x Lager, 4 x Wheat, 4 x Pilsner

Totals:
14/18 Pilsner
10/18 Lager
8/18 Wheat

please count me in for:

1 x wheat
1 x Pilsner

And when I mean one I mean one tube - so that is 2 of each right?

Thanks

Thats correct Phillip 1 Tube is actually 2 glasses.

TDA: 2 x Lager
Cammy: 2 x Lager, 2 x Wheat, 2 x Pilsner
zoddy: 2 x Lager, 2 x Wheat, 2 x Pilsner
Matt: 4 x Lager, 4 x Wheat, 4 x Pilsner
Phillip: 1 x Wheat, 1 x Pilsner

Totals:
16/18 Pilsner
10/18 Lager
10/18 Wheat

Updated figures (glass count, not tubes):

Cammy: 2 x Lager, 2 x Pilsner, 2 x Wheat
zoddy: 2 x Lager, 2 x Pilsner, 2 x Wheat
Matt: 4 x Lager, 4 x Pilsner, 4 x Wheat
Phillip: 2 x Wheat, 2 x Pilsner (I entered this wrong last time)
pjgabbie: 4 x Lager, 4 x Pilsner, 4 x Wheat
Pillers: 2 x Lager
Adam: 2 x Lager

Totals (glasses):
Pilsner: 20 / 18
Wheat: 14 / 18
Lager: 16 / 18

So, as it stands it is 1 masterpack of Pilsner with 2 glasses left over and not enough for either the Wheat or Lager at this stage. I'll leave it until next Friday just to give people enough time.
If unfortunately there are not enough to complete a masterpack we will not be able to get them at the price offered above.

Stay tuned.

Latest posts

Back