South Aussie Breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman

Reaction score
Hey all I'm heading off on an adventure to South Aussie.I'm looking for some breweries to visit whilst Im over there, can you recommendany for me?

Im over at KI for a week then to Hahndorf/ Adelaide, Barossa for a couple of days and down the Yorke for a week.

Other activities while holidaying would also beappreciated.

Cheers

The Visit List

Personally I suggest:

The 2 at Barossa
Lobethal Bierhaus
The Steam Exchange
McLaren Vale Beer company (VALE/ALE)
Coopers Brewery
BrewBoys
Grumpys (at least the Pizzas are good)

Sign up at brewadelaide (link below) before you head over and let us know your trip.
we might be able to help plan it out for you ;)

Hey Wolfman if you come to the Clare Valley Knappstiens winery makes a couple of beers and if you like wine i can give you a few from work to try :icon_chickcheers:

Hey all I'm heading off on an adventure to South Aussie.I'm looking for some breweries to visit whilst Im over there, can you recommendany for me?

Im over at KI for a week then to Hahndorf/ Adelaide, Barossa for a couple of days and down the Yorke for a week.

Other activities while holidaying would also beappreciated.

Cheers

Send me a PM when you know when you'll be in the Barossa and I'll see if I can organise for you to look around BVBrewing at Tanunda.
That's the one with the actual functioning brewery. :rolleyes: and bar :drinks:
Nige

Whilst down on the Yorke Peninsula (where exactly?) you could check out Yorke Brewing

On tap at a few pubs on Yorkes.

If you get down south then the McLaren Vale Brewing is worth a visit - Link

If you have any free time whilst you are over here you might be able tio catch up with some of the locals over a pint or 3 at the Wheatsheaf Hotel.

You can also drop in to the Gulf Brewery outlet in Hahndorf.

Was there about a week ago and particularly enjoyed the Wit and Stout. I also was impressed with the malt profile of the pilsner.

Cheers
MAH

Back