"Best Beer in the World"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Well, colour me surprised, in fact, VB isn't the best beer in the world. Dont those beer judges know anyfink..
Coopers Pale is almost as popular

James squire had to add their entire range to make it onto that graph... Not that being on that graph means much.

Just had my first Anchor Steam actually, now THATS a beer!

Well, I make a beer that one guy tells me is his favourite beer in the world. He's a good enough judge for me.

Way too subjective to ever put such a label on any beer.
'Best of a certain style of the limited number we had to chose from', yes; but Best in the World. pfft.

Dave70 said:
Well, colour me surprised, in fact, VB isn't the best beer in the world. Dont those beer judges know anyfink..

6022-aussie-beer-chart.jpg
So for those of us who were part of this survey in the eighties, and were to pissed or stoned to remember, where are we at today?

Best in the world - not so sure, but a beer I do enjoy.

Have cultured the yeast from the bottle but on inquiry won't inform me of the yeast but I do have it for my next red IPA I suppose.

Don't mind their black ale either

i'd suggest that there is no such thing as the best beer in the world, 'merely' a beer the specific judges at that event decided was better than anything else they'd tasted at that event. Given the competition and stature of the comp, it's probably a damn find beer. That said, Steinlager once won some international beer comp, so maybe it's all a lot of baloney

FWIW My vote goes to Rodenbach Grand Cru.

malt junkie said:
So for those of us who were part of this survey in the eighties, and were to pissed or stoned to remember, where are we at today?
Well, as soon as they discontinued Tooheys Country Special, I was so mortified I got into home brewing in an attempt to replicate it. Or did I. I was a teenager then. So probably stoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWV8O3wIURc

Hows the shape of that stubbie

Classic add feel like a beer & its only 9:30 :unsure:

Prancing pony on tap at Taps in the Brunswick Street Mall Bris.
Supping one now. Pretty Good. Hic.

Back