Source for chili plants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily for Tas at least. You can import seeds provided certain criteria are met.

I've just emailed hippyseed to find out from their end as the only plants I have are either supermarket varieties regenerated from seed or seeds available from bunnings. Wouldn't mind a few other exotic looking varieties

Bunnings where selling seeds from UK may have had to do with what happened with the Coles fresh bread from Ireland

Most of the seeds we get here are from the UK (Fothergills,Country Value and D.T. Brown) all the same Australian owned company in the UK no declarations are needed to be made out by the receiver of seeds, as long as the contents are clearly marked what seeds they are on the package there is no problem, IF, there is something which may be on the customs list of seeds not to be imported (usually regarded as weeds) they will be destroyed.
Most of the seeds sold on Australia eBay are imported by the seller who would have an online seed business, if those seeds are from China then there is no telling what will grow after germination, thats why it is advisable to check out any negatives and positives against the seller.

manticle said:
Not necessarily for Tas at least. You can import seeds provided certain criteria are met.
I've just emailed hippyseed to find out from their end as the only plants I have are either supermarket varieties regenerated from seed or seeds available from bunnings. Wouldn't mind a few other exotic looking varieties
Ordered some yellow 7 pods, orange trinidads and choc habaneros. Checked with biosecurity - no problem with non commercial import of chilli seeds with no soil.
WA might be different.

manticle said:
Ordered some yellow 7 pods, orange trinidads and choc habaneros. Checked with biosecurity - no problem with non commercial import of chilli seeds with no soil.
WA might be different.
"CANNOT POST TO WA OR TAS DUE TO QUARANTINE RESTRICTIONS" is on ebay sellers and other web sites they could be wrong or out dated. or seeds could be disappointing in the mail system.

Probably covering their arse in relation to TAS - as mentioned I did look it up, email the supplier AND ring TAS biosecurity so I reckon I'm covered.

This is in regard to chilli seeds specifically, not all seeds and it is in regard to non commercial quantities, soil free and in regard only to Tasmania from mainland Australia.

Latest posts

Back