Some People Are Just To Kind

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homekegger1

Reaction score
I feel like the luckiest person on earth today. Turns out on of my fellow workmates has been holding a stash of Homebrew in his shed that he no longer wanted. He offered it to me. Along with Spare empty longnecks. He got these from a guy who moved interstate and was told by the removal company that they wouldn't take them.

They have been in the bottle for about 6mths. No idea what style of beer they are but will be trying them soon. If they turn out like crap then oh well, never cost me anything in the first place. In total I have 24 full beers and some more to come tomorrow.

Some people are just to kind. :party:

HK :beerbang:

Homekegger, might be a good idea to treat the bottles with great care. They may be overcarbonated.

I was given a crate of bottles from a "brewer" that were infected and way overcarbonated. None of them exploded but I did put on the leather jacket, motorbike helmet and gauntlets to handle them and open them.

Next, you have to start planning what to brew to fill your new bottles with.

what's a home kegger need bottles for? :)

That is cook HK. You must be known as the beerguy now :p

At work yesterday I got given Micheal Jacksons World Beer Guide (3rd Edition 1979) from one of the guys that saw it at a garage sale at the weekend and picked it up for me for 50 cents.

Beers,
Doc

I think removal companies will take wine for you. If so, why not beer??

bighanno said:
I think removal companies will take wine for you. If so, why not beer??
[post="123900"][/post]​

When we last moved the removalists bought my 12 cases of beer with them. I bought the kegs with me though :p

Doc

homekegger1 said:
It's cool to be known as the beerguy... :p
[post="123899"][/post]​

As long as you are not infringing on Keith's name.

At work today, I was referred to as the homebrew guru. Not quite right, but at least it rhymes. Thing is, they wanted my beer, not to supply me with some!

Doc said:
That is cook HK. You must be known as the beerguy now :p

At work yesterday I got given Micheal Jacksons World Beer Guide (3rd Edition 1979) from one of the guys that saw it at a garage sale at the weekend and picked it up for me for 50 cents.

Beers,
Doc
[post="123897"][/post]​

aww, i just paid $7.99 for it on the weekend!

Weizguy said:
homekegger1 said:
It's cool to be known as the beerguy... :p
[post="123899"][/post]​

As long as you are not infringing on Keith's name.

At work today, I was referred to as the homebrew guru. Not quite right, but at least it rhymes. Thing is, they wanted my beer, not to supply me with some!
[post="123908"][/post]​

There aint no copyright Weizguy.

We are all homebrew guys and gals and landing that rep can be a bonus, hence the thread in the first place.

I chose the name for myself to reflect my commitment to the making of the amber nectar; leaving off the pursuit of chemical academia to follow every homebrewers dream of selling their own beer for a living. So far things have dragged along at a pace that is frighteningly slow... but hey, the dream aint dead yet!

Happy Brewing,

K.

On the topic of free beer, Keg-belly Keith, it must be good to get free beer offered for your evaluation coz U work @ lhbs.
I know I appreciate your feedback re my beers. Good to hear that the Vienna Weizen has been dancing on your tastebuds, and that it was a dance of love.

It must have been a bonus to find your "lost" keg of stout, last Friday. Any left?

...and how kind am I? Gonna share a batch of SFPA with a guy from work. Offered at Christmas time, in a future potential fit of generosity. Gonna give him a call when I bottle it. Tastes good so far.

$eth out :p

Well, as I said earlier, the beers were unknown, and their age was also unknown. However all the bottles had numbers on them. Mostly 5, 6, 7 and 8. But one had 3. So I figured these were numbers of Brews. I cooled a 3, 6 and a 7.

And now for the results...

(My wife calls me a beer snob now) ( I call me better educated)

3? Nice for a K&K Good Head and very clear. also good bubbles.

6 & 7 had the same results really, but they tasted a little nicer. But at the end of the day they were just your basic K&K. Looked good, lacked flavour, but I could drink it if I need too

C&B

HK :chug:

Latest posts

Back