Solenoid Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughyg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im looking for a solenoid type valve I could control using a tempmate. Does anyone know where I could get such a thing? Im looking for one to set up a cooling system for ferment. Something like a 1 inch valve would do the trick. I could just be stabing in the dark with this one though :unsure:
Cheers

irragation section at any hardware store should have something for that job I suspect.

From what I recall solenoid valves typically require some line pressure to make them seal shut. In low pressure applications they often don't have enough umphh to push them closed and so they can leak considerably, or even just stay open.

think what I'm planning sounds similar to your set up?

I'm thinking of 30litres of chilled water/min spirits/glycol kept in a freezer compartment and using a temp-mate to turn on a recirculating loop. The FV will be in a water bath with coils of the chilled glycol immersed in it. For warming I'm planning on an aquarium heater, in the water bath. This way I still get to use most of the fridge/freezer. I'm thinking of using a cheapy fountain pump to recirculate though.

Latest posts

Back