Software ? Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls , Ok I have a teenage daughter that wants/ needs Microsoft 2007 office ..
I keep saying that there must be something free too do what see needs and I don't want to pay for a product key ..
gave her a new laptop just befor xmas and she has been using the trial and now wants the full ..

So what other options are out there..

we have got an early copy of office maybe 2000 or befor but she says its not the same as the 2007 and will not match the school
systems , changes her layouts ect ect ...

Personally I think if the school wants them to do work in these formats they should give us the tools too do it ,but have had no joy with teachers on that
lol .

Suggestions

Hi guys and girls , Ok I have a teenage daughter that wants/ needs Microsoft 2007 office ..
I keep saying that there must be something free too do what see needs and I don't want to pay for a product key ..
gave her a new laptop just befor xmas and she has been using the trial and now wants the full ..

So what other options are out there..

we have got an early copy of office maybe 2000 or befor but she says its not the same as the 2007 and will not match the school
systems , changes her layouts ect ect ...

Personally I think if the school wants them to do work in these formats they should give us the tools too do it ,but have had no joy with teachers on that
lol .

Suggestions

Checkout http://www.openoffice.org/

It can read / write all the office formats and provices a good 95% of the function (you won't use the other 5% ever)

Open Office is the go..

I have used it for years without any probs.

In fact OO ans M$ made an agrement on compatabilty betwenn Office and Open Office

Academic copies of Office 2010 can be got quite cheap for school people.

Or don't try this at home nudge nudge.

Edit: Open Office does not work worth a **** with Excel macros. Try Ian's brewsheet.

Oo.o is being phased out in favor of LibreOffice - but I can't comment on the effectiveness of that product just yet, or similarities to Oo_O. I've been using Oo_O for years with very few problems.

From what I've read, LibreOffice can handle VBA macros, and will let you edit ones that don't work out-of-the-box.

Thanks guys , little bunyip has Openoffice setup and is happy with what its doing sofar
and this makes big bunyip happy :) , peace and quite for a few day at least , till the next Need / want starts .;)

cheers

Back