Got to share this because I am guessing its pretty.......unique.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwifirst

Reaction score
So my daughter is having her 11 yo birthday party this weekend. Tonight she wanted to check that everything was ok in the party dress and shoe department. Suddenly, Drama-Rama, pre-teen trauma. The shoes do not fit. Looks like her feet grew from last weekend.

So my wife says, "you need some small ankle stockings". Close to tears daughter says "but Mum, I don't have any, do you?". "no, I don't" she says, "you'll need to go and get a pair off your dad".

There is a moment of confusion as an 11 yo tries to process that. Is mum taking the piss? It's an important moment, surely she wouldn't make fun at this time?

"Dad?, why......why would Dad have ankle stockings? ". "Just go ask him honey, he might have some left".

5 mins later, with me walking through the house with a freshly poured IPA in one hand and a pair of ankle length stockings in the other......well...... Dad saves the day.

Daughter: I bet there isn't many daughters in the world who owe their dad a pair of stockings

Me: Just make sure you pay me back. I have some APA dry hopping planned this week.

Ah... the joys of being a Brewer!

Good to see Mum on the same page as you :D . Kids, love em' one day, the next day.........you know the rest...

How do stockings help shoes that are too small fit?

Well the stockings helped the feet slide in easier. Funnily enough I asked the same question when handing over the goods.

Latest posts

Back