Sodium Percarbonate Brisbane Only EOI Rev 2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for organising Zorco.
Play of the day goes to whoever passed the blame onto Zorco's young fella.

First win, used it to get all the ash scum off the fireplace door. I can now see through it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
Keen to grab your ratio and give it a go. 6yo daughters uniforms are pretty grotty.

Other uses planned at this stage:

Coffee machine cleaner
Strip kitchen benches to re sand and re oil.
Dishwasher ? (Note sure about this one yet)

My phone won't let me copy the URL and this site won't let me upload the PDF, but search Google for Sodium Percarbonate and there is a PDF "Household uses for Sodium Percarbonate" which includes ratios for various applications.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170813-221451.jpg
    Screenshot_20170813-221451.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 181
Dishwasher ? (Note sure about this one yet)

For stained plastic ware, dishes, dish rags and dish towels add 1-2 ounces of Sodium Percarbonate to the container to be cleaned or to the dishwater and soak for at least 15 minutes. To keep your drains and disposals clear and smelling fresh add 1 ounce of Sodium Percarbonate in 8 ounces of hot water and allow solution to sit in drain overnight.

Edit: dammit i read that as dishwasher. Bed time.

Dishwasher has not been effective. It is cleaning them, but not as well as a similar amount of store bought product.

I reckon that when things are agitated, the cleaning properties of the pure sodium percarbonate are somewhat lost as the oxygen gets knocked out of solution very quickly. Seems to suit things that require a bit of soaking.

Only good for cleaning dishwasher, not for cleaning stuff in dishwasher.

I beg to differ, sort of. 50/50 sodium percarbonate and sodium carbonate (lectric soda) makes an awesome dish powder at 1/10 the price of even the home brand one, and three times the power.

Edit: Oh, and yes, the sodium perc doesn't do it on its own in the dishwasher.

yeah, i figure the commercial stuff has some other stuff in there to assist with preserving the cleaning action even under the extreme agitation you get in a dishwasher.

I'm wondering if this is what the metasilicate does in the PBW mix as well.

Latest posts

Back