So Whats Everyone Doing Nye/nyd?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the 9pm fireworks just made the dirty glasses sitting on the sink rattle so badly I was concerned one was going to slide into the actual sink.....

Turns out I'm sitting at home with the missus, each of us browsing the web. I'm drinking the last bottle of my best beer to date to ring in the best brewing year yet.

Happy new Bum, Year.
hey this Belgian's good :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

Sat at home with the wife & kids. Watched the 9 & midnight fireworks, with a couple of dvd's in between.
Boring event, but there's always next year!
Enjoyed a Murrays ICON 2IPA and a Sour Saison of mine. And some dodgy chinese.

Sat at home with the wife & kids. Watched the 9 & midnight fireworks, with a couple of dvd's in between.
Boring event, but there's always next year!

I was tempted to drop in for a roadie (we had to get a bus back to Oakes Rd and walked home from there), but figured you'd be in bed at 2:20am. :angry:

New Years Day I'll be feeding a mate from Penang the tap selection. Will be a change from his usual Tiger ;)
It'll be fun watching him try the saison.

If any of the Brisbane crew are passing by today (including Gay Sully :p ), the keg of Chu Dat Hopf Phat is on and pretty tasty. Bar open at 12, coherent speech gone by 4pm.

That would be a great view.
Having some friends over here with the kids in tow. hopefully get them in bed after the 9:30 fireworks and then really start having fun.
If I get drunk enough I might head up to Sully's as well :lol:

It was an amazing view, however Centrepoint lacked atmosphere (couldn't hear fireworks, it was a subdued restaurant and I was drinking Crownies).

I might have to head back to Aying/Munich (as per the previous year :rolleyes: ) for the next NYE celebration.

Ended up enjoying a nice T-bone at home with some roased cube potato, sweet potato, currot and pumkin in herbs olive oil and garlic.
The we headed to the Inlaws and hung out with the GF's old neighbours.

I also had a Murray's Icon 2IPA at midnight. Took a party keg of some of my older kit& kilo brews that have been sitting in the cupboard. Attempted to siphon the 12 bottles through a sanatised hose but ended up making a mess so just gently poured the remaining bottles in wacked on the lid and shot in some co2. I blended two different brews together, one was pure kit and kilo coopers mex and very thin and watery. the other was a twocan bavarian with extra hops and malt very strong and very malty. 9 bottles of mex and three of the two can, ended up with something about 5.5 percent and not undrinkable.

Ended up enjoying a nice T-bone at home with some roased cube potato, sweet potato, currot and pumkin in herbs olive oil and garlic.
The we headed to the Inlaws and hung out with the GF's old neighbours.

I also had a Murray's Icon 2IPA at midnight. Took a party keg of some of my older kit& kilo brews that have been sitting in the cupboard. Attempted to siphon the 12 bottles through a sanatised hose but ended up making a mess so just gently poured the remaining bottles in wacked on the lid and shot in some co2. I blended two different brews together, one was pure kit and kilo coopers mex and very thin and watery. the other was a twocan bavarian with extra hops and malt very strong and very malty. 9 bottles of mex and three of the two can, ended up with something about 5.5 percent and not undrinkable.
Bugger the olive oil, next time you have a roast-up get a can or jar of DUCK FAT. :icon_drool2: It's also high in monounsaturates and won't kill you which is why the French have lower rates of cardio disease than us.

The mob descended and devoured the sushi platters and I had about 8 pints of belgians and Midland Best Bitters. Surprisingly nobody went for the Aussie Standard Lager for Visitors off the middle tap...
I must be making some progress :blink: :ph34r:

Everyone ended up watching the Return of the King so I went out and kegged a brew I had been CCing and my son and I ended up having another pint each straight out of the cube, waste not want not :party:

im just about to put the first one down for the year. the last isb one i might also put the vienna ive got in a cube down as well.

just got home and still drinking ......2can stout, great night with friends !!!

just finished cleaning up - coopers bottles anyone? stubbies tho

except ones with cig butts - the pigs that did that can clean them up yuck!

P.S he who drinks 18 coopers red .... has sore head

Just finished brewing my first for the year.....

Had issues, stupid me widened the gap on my marga and took it too far, alot of the smaller grains didn't seem to release properly in the mash.....

48% eff, it can only get better...

I ended up on the lounge watching the million episodes of South Park on a newly discovered channel - Go.

Just wrestled 7.5kg of wheat and 3.5 kg of barley through my old corona mill... there goes the hangover.

The first brew of the year is a weizen, and it had better be good.

Well I got the False bottom put together yesterday; today its the door in the side of the new mash tun, spent the morning cutting it in, this arvo its welding time. In a bit of spare time I have got the mash paddle roughed out.
View attachment 34274View attachment 34275
Just wish it was a bit cooler TIG and Plasma are no fun on hot humid days.
MHB

Latest posts

Back