So Whats Everyone Doing Nye/nyd?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No fan of seeing in the new year so early to bed here. Then New Years Day lunch in the bush with kids and grandkids who are camping out, then try to keep cool sitting around in the creek in the rainforest at Amamoor, new years day just happens to be beerday (Friday) so there should be a few good beers as well! Looking forward to it.

Happy New Year Brewers, brew well in 2010

Screwy

On shift at the brewery till 10pm tonight and then as luck would have it we are open till 1am, so I'm drinking from 10.01pm tonight untill ? got to love working a brewery/pub.

Cheers

Brett

Just another day for us. I'll be well and truly in bed with the windows closed to block out the revellery.
Cheers
Steve

Heading to the GFs brother's place around 5pm with a keg of Coopers Pale clone.

He's setting a projector up in the back yard to play movies & music videos later in the evening.

Should be a good night.

I'm off to a fancy dress party as the Mad Hatter tonight. There will be good people, good music and of course great beer!

Off to a fancy dress party also (famous couples) going as Danny and the missus is Sandy from Grease.
Party keg rule will be in force, with a bottle of Jacks in reserve. :icon_cheers:

Got a 70s party tonight, although won't be there long and will need to get the 11month old home. Will most likely see the new year in watching tv and a beer in hand

Brewing a pale ale with some some Humulus lupulus chinensis, then hitting the sack relatively early for a dawn attack on the empty waves. (If waves there be...)

On Shift

just gotta love shift work

So no drinks

I'm off to Centrepoint tower with wife and friends. Should be a great view (if it isn't raining).

I'm off to Centrepoint tower with wife and friends. Should be a great view (if it isn't raining).
That would be a great view.
Having some friends over here with the kids in tow. hopefully get them in bed after the 9:30 fireworks and then really start having fun.
If I get drunk enough I might head up to Sully's as well :lol:

New Years Day I'll be feeding a mate from Penang the tap selection. Will be a change from his usual Tiger ;)
It'll be fun watching him try the saison.

In a twisted sense of irony, this is the first NYE/NYD that I haven't either been working at midnight or starting at 4am on NYD.........

BUT, the wife is working 2pm-10:30pm tonight, so I am home with the demon child for the evening....

Probably brew tomorrow arvo as there won't be much else to do with everywhere closed...

Staying at home this year, but putting a bit of effort in for dinner. Just been to Mondo's and Kailis to pick up produce :)

Going to start with a heap of tasty antipasti (proper spanish jamon, italian proscuitto, cheeses, stuffed baby peppers, olives, etc)
Next up fresh pasta bianco with truffle oil
Then a crab, leek and saffron pastie with a prawn salad on the side
And a home made cardamom custard tart to finish :)

I'm about to go and pick some beers out the cupboard for the evening too.

Kind of wet up this way at the moment, Port Douglas is under a blog of bright yellow.

Guess it will be just beers then bed early on.

Have the annual cul-de-sac New Years party on

Happy New Years Brewers

Franko

Staying at home this year, but putting a bit of effort in for dinner. Just been to Mondo's and Kailis to pick up produce :)

Going to start with a heap of tasty antipasti (proper spanish jamon, italian proscuitto, cheeses, stuffed baby peppers, olives, etc)
Next up fresh pasta bianco with truffle oil
Then a crab, leek and saffron pastie with a prawn salad on the side
And a home made cardamom custard tart to finish :)

I'm about to go and pick some beers out the cupboard for the evening too.

:icon_drool2:

I'll be heading out the back yard with the 4yr old and 2yr old at dark to light a few sparklers and then watch the fireworks on TV. New years day it is off to the brother in laws for a boned pork leg on a spit and other yummies.

a happy, safe and prosperous new year to you all.

Browndog

3. Hijack Sully's login and make lurid, gay, sheep shagging and revealing posts on his behalf.

Looking forward to reading it! :lol:

Tonight I shall be mashing in a RIS, as per here: RIS Post

Happy New Years to all!!!

Back